The Logistics Associate executes steps in the life cycle of the incoming, existing and outgoing IT components that are used in our systems to provide Customers with services from our Data Centers. They are part of a small team of Logistics Associates at multiple sites within a single region.
The Logistics Associate reviews Data Center inventory, in-bound and out-bound shipments and keeps-up with our ongoing demand to ensure proper stock levels are maintained to support build and repair activities in all locations. Working with Regional Managers and other associates, they work to optimize the flow of parts through the inventory and asset life cycle; tracking inventory location, movement, age, and turns. They work closely with Data Center Operations Technicians and Data Center Engineers to fulfill parts quickly and accurately and assure the business is never constrained due to missing or damaged spare parts. They make sure that their team works well with Procurement and Hardware Engineering to purchase new parts and interfaces with vendors to process RMAs and receive replacements. They are responsible for accurate data entry and resolving questions from peer organizations.
The ideal Logistics Associate will dive deep into data to understand everything about the Data Center asset life cycle. Working with software development teams, they will contribute to continuous process improvements to deliver on our goals of high availability and low cost.
Responsibilities will include also include performing manual tasks, such as assembling, addressing, stamping and arranging for the shipment of merchandise and materials. They may also assist in daily scheduling of deliveries and pick-ups to and from production locations. In handling incoming shipments, he or she may have to unpack boxes and verify contents. The Logistic Associate will be required to assure their team maintains precise records of all commodities going in and out of company.
• Must be literate and have good communication skills
• Must be Fluent in English both Written and Spoken
• Must have experienced with email, Microsoft Office (or equivalent), online tools, working with database front ends and deriving reports and presentations
• Must be willing to work at multiple locations (Primary location is in Hayward, CA, but some minor Bay Area travel may be required).
• Must be able to lift up to 45 pounds on occasion.
• Close toed shoes required.
• Logistics experience
• Experience in Lean Operational Practices
• Experience with Analytical tools
• Advanced Excel Spreadsheet Capability
• Asset liquidation experience