In this assignment with Aquent's client, you will be working with a hardware support team to create proactive education, agent training content, canned responses, troubleshooting steps, and support content to visitors of their internal and external Help Centers and internal Knowledge Bases.
Content Writers take complex information and communicate it clearly, concisely, and accurately without relying on technical or corporate jargon. With a unique cross-functional perspective, content writers juggle a variety of writing projects, such as Help Center content, Product Requirements Docs, how-to guides, training docs, troubleshooting content, FAQs, and product announcements. You'll work with Program Managers, UX researchers and designers, Engineers, and Product Managers to determine which new product features need documentation, then create document plans, draft content, and resolve issues with existing documentation to keep it up to date.
Top 3 daily Responsibilities:
1. Understand complex technical documentation and translate into user-friendly language fitting for a Help Center
2. Write, publish, and maintain high-quality proactive education and help content, such as FAQs, articles, product and project-related communications.
3. Update internal and external Help Centers to reflect product updates and new feature integration in a timely manner
- Organize existing documents, identify documentation holes, and spearhead efforts to fill them in
- Collaborate with product and content experts, and build strong relationships with stakeholders
- Work with learning strategist to design and develop product knowledge training documentation modules to be published both on and offline.
- File localization requests for Help Center content
- Work with internal knowledge management team to confirm agent workflow and updates
- Work cross functionally with training team to ensure new content is reflected in agent training deck
- Identify user needs, use cases, metrics, and feedback mechanisms to focus priorities
- BA degree in English, Journalism, Writing, a related field
- 2-4 years of experience in a Hardware Technical Writer role
- 2-4 years of experience researching and writing effective documentation in a web production environment. Must provide writing samples
- Experience working closely with engineering and product management teams as part of the software development process
- Content management systems and support tools experience
- Intermediate to advanced html and CSS skills
- Passion for learning and documenting new technologies
- Track record of problem solving and innovation
- Experience designing material for a contact center audience. Translating technical or troubleshooting concepts into content that can be used in training.