Our client is a large financial institution that serves 50 million customers with a broad range of consumer financial services, including personal banking, investment advice, small business lending, mortgages, credit cards, payments and auto financing. They are looking for a Senior User Researcher to join their team for a 6+ month contract. This Senior User Researcher job has the potential to go permanent, is 40 hours a week, health care and 401K are offered.
As a Senior User Researcher you'll be part of a company that makes a real difference every day for our customers, our communities and ourselves. With a focus on customer service, you'll put others first, do what's right and create solutions that make lives better. We invite you to build your career on our strong foundation and help shape what's next - for you and for us.
The Digital Customer Experience Organization are building the next generation of experiences for the E-Consumer and Community Banking area. We are a multi-disciplinary team of designers, planners and researchers committed to designing the future of banking. We are responsible for delivering unique and innovative customer experiences across our company, its sites, applications, products and services. The team have diverse backgrounds, from design agencies, handset manufacturers, financial institutions, mobile carriers, to startups and content providers. We apply this variety and creativity in building the best possible future experiences for our customers.
We are looking to recruit a seasoned Senior User Researcher to help lead our research initiatives across lines of business. Sitting within the User Context and Research team, you will have a passion for user centered design, and practical experience in building and running the successful research projects that support it. A seasoned leader, you will also have impactful influencing skills, business intelligence and the ability to pull it altogether into engaging, visual outputs that support our strategy.
This Senior User Researcher role will help set the direction, vision, and methodology for our growing team in both the San Francisco and New York studios. It will set the bar for quality by example, with energy and passion. You will need a strong point of view on design and research, a hands-on approach, and the ability to develop strategies for implementation. All within a complex ecosystem, while building meaningful relationships across the organization.
As a Senior User Researcher you will advocate for the user in all you do; applying a deep and insightful approach to user understanding at every level. You are creative in your thinking and application of design methodologies, recruitment strategies and tool development. You enjoy working in a fast paced environment, being proactive and getting face to face time with our customers. Finally, you are a customer experience advocate and leader, excited about improving our customer’s lives through simple, intelligent and enriching products and experiences.
Senior User Researcher Requirements:
- 10+ years of experience in user experience research and design
- Undergraduate degree in Human Computer Interaction (HCI) or related field required, Masters an advantage
- Experience in a variety of industries and platforms; digital, mobile and product design for example
- Ability to synthesize complex, interdependent, and sometimes competing needs
- Effective communication of research results and recommendations across roles & levels, internal and external team
- Awareness and practical understanding of traditional and new research methodologies and recruitment strategies
- Understanding of current technologies and their application and relevance to digital experience design
- Proven understanding of design principles, design planning and the role of insights and research in informing and leading strategy
- Very strong communication and interpersonal skills
- A focus on timely, relevant, visual and engaging outputs
- Thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative, team-oriented, cross-functional environment
- Ability to influence others and provide thought leadership on research and design
- Actively listens, hears and understands what is said and not said, and with nuanced comprehension of meaning and intent
- Team work: Develops and sustains effective and cooperative working relationships with peers, managers and other internal or external stakeholders
- Flexibility/adaptability (ability to change direction based upon team and stakeholder consensus)
- Experience with multiple user research methodologies such as Usability Testing, Contextual inquiries, Group Sessions, Participatory Design