- Hartford County
- Job Terms:
- W2, Hourly, Depends on Experience
- posted by:
- Kimberley Strayer
Our client is looking for a well-rounded Art Director to share their strong Video, Digital and Traditional Design skills within this contract role. This is a great opportunity for an creative self-starter to work on a variety of projects within a busy marketing agency environment.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Concept and Design communications projects including: videos, animations, corporate collateral, presentations, e-cards, advertising, websites etc. that position and consistently represent the client’s brand and the value of its products and services.
- Apply a strong understanding of interactive best practices, including visual design, front-end development, usability, information architecture and technology standards to all initiatives. Bring understanding of responsive design and development for desktop, tablet and mobile as well as video.
- Quickly interpret client brand standards and develop smart, strategic communications that engage customers and get results for clients.
- Able to work in partnership with copywriter to develop concepts that translate across all media.
- Partner with the traffic manager, writers, designers, internal development team and outside vendors to support the Account Team and solve business problems for clients.
- Use keen sense of design, knowledge of typography and passion for craft and technology to meet client requests within established and agreed-to deadlines for all projects.
- Articulate solutions and sell concepts and design thinking to team and clients
- Review all work in process to ensure it is error-free before submitting it back to the Traffic Manager. Follow all naming and filing convention requirements for shared design server.
- Contribute to the development of graphic and digital standards and procedures for the team, and share knowledge with others
- Understanding of how to create positive and effective user experiences.
- Design solutions that drive engagement and participation.
- Build and maintain good working relationships and keep team visibility and perception high by always being a supportive team member
Our client is a Fortune 500 company. Benefits Aquent talent are eligible for a generous health-and-wellness package. Our plan includes: Medical Insurance Aquent offers access to comprehensive In and Out of Network plans, with contributions toward monthly premiums and often with eligibility within two months of starting work. Retirement Savings Plan Aquent offers a 401(k) plan, managed by a leader in the retirement field, with employer match and immediate vesting. Other features:
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- Professional training
- Discounts and Perks
- Outstanding online portfolio: A solid design background and a passion for technology. Due to the volume of video work involved, video samples are key indicator of candidate's suitability for the role
- Bachelor’s Degree and 5+ years experience, combined agency and client-side background preferred
- Demonstrated success in concepting and Art Direction for a variety of projects, ideally working within a corporate branded environment with multiple stakeholders
- Expert in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, PhotoShop, Illustrator, Acrobat, Dreamweaver), Flash, HTML/CSS, Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint), knowledge of: Final Cut, Premiere, Prelude, AfterEffects
- Proven ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and thrive in a fast-paced environment, and react quickly to changes in direction
- A team player, with a can-do attitude -Ability focus on both the big picture and the details
- Motivated, self-starter that is reliable and dependable
- Willingness to accept feedback and direction and work collaboratively
- Consistently delivers good work
- Ability to clearly communicate ideas
- Solid attention to detail, with emphasis on accuracy
- Must be willing to be onsite full time
Successful candidates will be required to pass a background check and drug screen prior to start.