- Palo Alto, CA
- Job Terms:
- up to $52.81/hour
- posted by:
- Annie Lucia
As a Research Associate, you'll have the opportunity to support research activities in developing innovative, user-friendly, best-of-breed products for Aquent's client. We are looking for individuals who have excellent communication skills, are diligent, detail-oriented, and can work independently.
- Analyze and interpreting both qualitative and basic quantitative data
- Create findings and recommendation reports from research for stakeholders
- Work with Designers, Product Managers, Engineers, and other UX researchers to prioritize research opportunities in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
Top 3 Daily Responsibilities:
- Conduct research on multiple aspects of products and experiences.
- Collect and analyze user behavior through lab studies, field visits, surveys, benchmark studies, etc.
- Conduct desk research including, literature reviews, competitive reviews, and some general market research.
- M.A./M.S./PhD. in Human Factors, Technical Communication, Cognitive Psychology, HCI/Computer Science, or other field emphasizing human behavior
- Detail oriented and ability to work independently on a variety of tasks
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and collaboration skills
- Can work independently and prioritize time between multiple projects, and adapt to changing schedules and priorities
- Demonstrated understanding of the strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during the product development process
- Technical aptitude, familiarity with basic data tools (spss, excel, etc.)
Nice to Have Skills/Not Required:
- 1 year research experience (internship applies)
Aquent's client is an American multinational technology company specializing in Internet-related services and products.
WORKING WITH AQUENT: long-term assignments with Aquent gets you access to some pretty cool things:
- You're paid weekly
- Subsidized health (including term life and LTD) and dental benefits after your first four weeks of work (averaging at least 20 hrs/wk)
- Access to Fidelity 401(k)
- Access to FSA Program
- Direct deposit for your pay check
- Access to our Talent Rewards Program (we reward for referrals!)
- Access to free online courses via Aquent's Gymnasium, to help you develop your skills: http://gymnasium.aquent.com/
- Access to free online courses via Lynda.com
- Aquent support: your Aquent Agent checks in with you during the course of your contract to make sure you're happy and progressing according to your expectations (we're also there to be looking for new opportunities for you when you're close to wrapping up)
***Background check is required for this position.***
***Please ensure FULL LEGAL NAME is noted on resume along with a PORTFOLIO LINK if applicable.***
***Assignment could start earlier if right candidate is identified.***