Our client is a large financial institution in Wilmington, DE and they are looking for a Digital Art Director to join their team for a 6+ month contract role that has the potential to go permanent. This Digital Art Director role is 40 hours a week onsite, health benefits and 401K are offered.
We need a Digital Art Director. You should know a concept from an execution and be a creative problem solver. Do we want great design? You bet we do. But you also have to be conceptual and appreciate how marrying art and copy together makes more powerful communication. As a Digital Art Director you have to know not only how to work within brand guidelines, but how to make them stretch without breaking them. You need a great eye for photography. You innately get responsive design and know that a great idea is nothing without great UX. You’ll work in digital, mobile and social (and occasionally print), with copywriter, web developers and creative directors, making marketing strategies into ideas that grab you by the eyeballs and won’t let go.
Digital Art Director Requirements:
• An online portfolio demonstrating your work is an absolute must.
• A minimum of an Associates (2 year) degree in advertising, communication design, digital design, graphic design or visual arts. A Bachelor’s (4 year) degree is preferred.
• Experience working on premium brands
• At least five years of design experience in an agency or corporate environment.
• Proficiency on Mac OS platform a must. PC knowledge a plus. Thorough knowledge of Adobe CS6/Cloud (including InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop).
• Knowledge of digital (HTML, etc.) and video/animation software (Flash, After Effects) is a plus.
• A good eye for photography and a basic understanding of good UX design principles.
Digital Art Director Responsibilities:
Your primary responsibilities will be in art direction and graphic design with an emphasis on idea generation. In addition you’ll have the opportunity to:
• Interact with Creative Director and Copywriters to develop creative concepts and executions.
• Learn about the strategy and market dynamics of the products you work on.
• Work closely with account executives to meet established SLAs and deadlines.
• Advise client on all technical visual recommendations and/or issues as needed.
• Participate in strategy input and creative meetings.
• Assist in making presentations to client as needed.
• Provide detailed direction to production artists and assist in the development of their skills.
• A working knowledge of multimedia design and experience building print and digital files
• Well-honed computer photo-retouching and image development skills.
• Demonstrated understanding of color theory and color relationships.
• An understanding of the terms that identify type forms and the specifications required to refer to typographic settings (i.e., points, leading, picas, kerning, tracking, cap-height, x-height etc.).
• Enough print production knowledge to be functionally competent
• The ability to effectively manage multiple projects and remain flexible through multiple revisions
• The patience to manage challenging situations both internally and with the client.