Aquent's Fortune 25 client is looking for an Accessibility Expert with some technical knowledge, for an on-going contract (40/hrs, 5 days, onsite) in either their Woonsocket, Boston or NJ office.
The candidate MUST have deep knowledge of WCAG 2.0 and Section 508, a good understanding of accessibility and usability for disabled people, and experience with assistive devices and building accessible web products.
- This team is primarily looking for accessibility experts with some technical knowlege, rather than a developer who can handle accessible code.
- Provide website accessibility services to conduct full website reviews, analysis, remediation and functional testing.
- Assess and optimize website designs through review and analysis of user needs to meet the website accessibility needs.
- Provide technical assistance and remediation guidance to designers, developers and QA.
- Recommend potential solutions by evaluating new and emerging assistive technologies designed to increase accessibility.
- Perform full cycles of sprint, regression, and integration testing
- Generate test summary reports after each testing cycle to show testing progress, actual testing results, and pass/fail status
- Provide regular status updates on completed tasks and planned testing tasks as outlined in the project schedule, issues, risks, and other action items
- Deliver accessibility training and seminars as needed. (Optional)
- Direct previous experience with developing/designing and testing websites to ensure conformance to WCAG 2.0 – Level A/AA, Section 508.
- Experience in WAI-ARIA implementation
- Thorough understanding of W3C standards-compliant HTML and CSS
- Experience using Web Accessibility Evaluation Tools
- Knowledge of assistive technologies used for web browsing such as JAWS or NVDA
- Should have multi-tasking abilities, be able to meet deadlines without compromising quality
- Excellent oral and written communication skills