We are looking for an individual to join a lead team, as a Project Manager, VF Innovation, working closely with our materials research and development experts to manage near, mid and far term technology portfolio projects.
Reporting to the Director, Strategy & Operations, this role will help shape the VF Innovation technology portfolio strategy and roadmaps.
Key Responsibilities Include:
· Apply the innovation process to define and scope innovation projects, craft project plans, and manage projects from original idea through proof of concept, within targeted budget and timeline parameters.
· Support the team by shaping the innovation technology strategy and alignment to brand innovation/consumer strategy with teams of designers, developers, materials experts to ensure projects are executed against the vision and meet GIC standards for performance, manufacturability and quality.
· Work closely with our Legal team and Partnership Business Lead to ensure project partnership compliance.
· Manage all project tracking including calendars and key milestones, and will work to identify issues and drive resolution ensuring the projects move forward efficiently as planned. Project management and the ability to influence the team, combined with an ability to challenge and re-think the future, is critical.
Experience, Qualifications and Requirements: We are looking for a strategist and project management expert who is connected to technology, product (footwear/apparel) and consumer needs. Driven to working with a team to bring amazing innovation concepts, franchises and technology platforms to proof of concept in support of brand growth and creating industry dominance.
· 5 years’ experience in innovation project management, footwear and apparel product management, and/or management consulting (with innovation projects), and innovation strategy (or equivalent/related experience).
· Four year college degree or equivalent experience.
· High attention to detail, and ability to juggle multiple projects at the same time with a focus on the big picture.
· Strong organizational skills and must be able to work through others even when they do not report directly into you.
· High tolerance for ambiguity, yet can breakdown and plan work for the purposes of resource allocation and costing, even when information is still vague or imperfect.
· Able to communicate well and often with team members and management, making sure to highlight any issues or problems as they arise.
· Demonstrated success creating and managing innovation projects.
· Awareness of consumer trends, competition, and processes for evaluating ROI.
· Strong, confident presenter with good communication skills.
· Strong people skills.
· Strong project management and budgeting skills.
· Microsoft Excel, Office, Project management frameworks and tools, Smartsheet, SharePoint.