Manager of a team of producers is going on maternity leave and is trying to have a temporary producer come in and pick up operational work that team does now. This person will be taking work away from existing team so they can cover her role. Temp worker would report to Azim, one of her direct reports.
-Managing processes, resources, projects. Bridging the gaps between design and the product and technical work that’s needed. Supporting process within our team and holding resources accountable for work that needs to be done.
-The design team is broken into three different sub teams, different areas of the design experience. This person will be supporting one of those teams which has multiple projects going on underneath it.
-Responsibilities/Deliverables that the resource will be responsible for?
Weekly meetings with studio, responsible for reporting out on progress made within projects they own. Highlighting risks, next steps, being able to speak to details of project. Presentation, ownership of the tools.
-Can you describe the team culture in your department?
Design team, team full of creatives. Fun interesting environment, but it’s fast paced and busy. Can be chaotic. Make sure you can take the edge off.
-What are the must have skills you are looking for in this contingent worker?
Great candidate would have design planning, ownership of design process, they have the tools and resources to manage design plan. Project management for design is super important. Anything that shows they have created or managed ways to track, resources, progress. Maintaining reporting of work and sharing out to large groups. Self starter, self manager, has bias for action. Has capability to lead from the get-go.
Ownership is a big one. Earns trust because you have to bridge across different types of resources (engineers, designers, etc.). Bias for action, have to move quickly and think ahead. Deliver results.
Start with phone screen with another producer. Bring them in after that for a loop process (at least two producers, one designer, one Product Manager) at least for four people.
services to be performed
Video is changing the way people watch movies and TV shows, with over 200,000 titles available on-demand to Kindle Fire, mobile devices, game consoles, Internet-connected PCs, Macs, TVs, Blu-ray players and set-top-boxes. We are looking for an innovative, self-motivated UX Producer to join our growing User Experience team. We are looking for people who are passionate about innovating on behalf of customers, demonstrate a high degree of ownership, and want to have fun while they make history.
This role will support our design studio operations and drive improvements to both individual and team efficiency and design process across a multi-location team. You will work closely with our UX teams in both London and Seattle to drive the development of exciting new features that make the video watching experience more immersive and engaging. If you love online video and enjoy deep diving on exciting new technology this is the role for you. Responsibilities of the role include:
• Provide design planning support for multiple high-priority projects, including gathering business requirements, developing the design plan, managing resource allocation, and tracking assignments, responsibilities, and progress, to ensure successful delivery of every project.
• Create, maintain and distribute, to both the team and management, reporting and dashboards that disseminate project information and illustrate progress against goals
• Work closely with Design, Product Management, and Development leadership to create a successful work environment
• 4+ years of professional experience as a program manager, project manager or producer
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent professional experience
• High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously with minimal supervision
• Background working in a collaborative multi-disciplinary team and working directly with designers, product managers and developers
• Excellent understanding of UX design and the design process
• Strong process improvement background and experience managing the operations of creative programs
• Experience in communicating with a diverse set of customers to collect requirements, evaluate alternatives and develop processes and tools to support the organization
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to generate and distribute meaningful reports
• Committed to learning and expanding professional and technical knowledge
• Fluency with JIRA, Confluence or similar tools
• Strong bias for action and "get it done" attitude
• Experience managing projects in a SCRUM or Agile environment
• Previous experience speaking in front of executives a plus
• Software development background a bonus
• Master’s degree or equivalent professional experience