- Brooklyn, New York
- Job Terms:
- posted by:
- Megan Holstine
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Technical Writer to join our top financial client in New York on their Wholesale Client Onboarding (WCOB) Global KYC Operations Support team who are based in London, Bournemouth, Hong Kong, Singapore and Brooklyn, New York.
The team has two main responsibilities:
1) – Desktop Procedures who are responsible for ensuring all Desktop procedures and documentation are complete, correct and in place to ensure all New and Incremental business is on-boarded properly
2) KYC Advisory & Learning Support who are responsible for providing guidance on KYC operational process and will identify and build the training requirements/program for the global WCOB organisation. Both teams work closely with the WCOB KYC teams.
- Ensure final approved “publish ready” documentation (procedures, requirements and supporting documents) conform to prescribed templates and style guidelines by performing the following editing and publishing tasks within RoboHelp:
- Analyzing drafts for overall flow and logical progression of tasks
- Identifying gaps and pose questions to the reviewers (Subject Matter Experts (“SME”), policy and process owners)
- Translating procedures from passive voice prose to active voice, using numbered lists and if-then tables as appropriate.
- Applying style standards and utilize project processes and templates
- Identifying keywords to enhance search results.
- Incorporating reviewers' edits and answers, and finalizing documents for publication
- Draft succinct “Contextual Help” overviews to be used in the KYC system to assist users in understanding the requirements at a field level
- Collaboration with Compliance, Policy and other Senior Stakeholders for feedback/approval to ensure appropriate procedure governance standards are followed
- Develop a strong working relationship with SME’s from all KYC teams including AML Compliance, Quality Assurance and other COB Global team members
Skills / Experience Required
- B.A. Degree or equivalent
- 3+ years of business writing experience, particularly editing and reformatting detailed procedural documents into succinct, easy to follow steps. (Writing exercise may be requested.)
- Experience with Adobe RoboHelp as a procedures editor/library tool (or equivalent application) preferred but not required
- Competency with Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio) and SharePoint
- Knowledge of AML and KYC regulatory requirements preferred but not required
- High attention to detail
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills. MUST be able to prioritize workloads, multitask, and react quickly to consistently changing business expectations.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills, team player, with an ability to build effective relationships at all levels of the organization
Last but not least let’s go over a little about us here at Aquent, so you know what you are getting into with this incredible partnership!
What is it like working with Aquent? I’m glad you asked! Freelancing long-term with Aquent gets you access to some pretty cool things including:
− Subsidized health and dental benefits after your first four weeks of work (averaging at least 20 hrs/wk)
− Access to Fidelity 401(k)
− Access to FSA Program
− Direct deposit for your paycheck
− Access to our Talent Rewards Program (we reward for referrals!)
− Access to free online courses via Aquent's Gymnasium, to help you develop your skills: http://gymnasium.aquent.com/
− Access to free online courses via Lynda.com
− Aquent support: your Aquent Agent checks in with you during the course of your contract to make sure you're happy and progressing according to your expectations (we're also there to be looking for new opportunities for you when you're close to wrapping up)