You will primarily be working on cutting edge research projects within this large global tech org, working with developers and designers who working on products, and how they are building them out.
The core business objectives of the larger team are: 1) to improve IT health outcomes for the company's largest enterprise customers, and 2) to enable profitability of the business via packaged, highly-scalable digital delivery assets.. To do that, they focus on 2 products: 1) a platform for performing customer health assessments, 2) a catalog that includes digital learning assets and workshops that help educate customers on how to successfully operate their IT environments. There is a massive amount of data associated with this project, which they are working through to unlock insights that will improve the platform and the services they deliver on top of it.
The responsibilities with this position could include:
- Conduct user and market research to understand the needs and desires of your target audience.
- Research, document and deliver detailed reviews of competitive products including analysis of product features, design, perceived strengths and weaknesses.
- Research, document and deliver detailed reviews of the company's products including comparisons to past, current and future competitive offerings.
- Document and present recommendations based on research and analysis.
- Work with the supervising engineer or manager in identifying and addressing critical usability issues.
• Draft, create, send, and analyze surveys
• Perform literature reviews
• Recruit interview subjects
• Assist with user test preparation activities (scheduling study sessions and creating tasks for usability studies)
• Run usability tests and build unmoderated tests (experience with remote usability testing tools such as UserZoom is a major plus)
• Interview users
• Analyze data (knowledge of SQL or PowerBI is a plus)
• Articulate research findings
• Collaborate closely with other researchers, designers, data scientists, product owners, and developers to generate user-centered product solutions
Overall we are looking for at least 1 year of experience or an advanced degree.