- San Bruno, CA
- Job Terms:
- up to $92.41/hour
- posted by:
- Lisa Vaughn-Olstad
Aquent's client is looking for a visual/production designer to help with 1) redlining and specing out an application using Sketch 2) editing and cutting assets. This Visual/UI/Graphic Designer role relies on user-centered design principles to produce high-quality visual redlines working directly with the UX designer and Sr. visual designer — from concept to execution— to spec out client's product across mobile, tablet and desktop (using sketch). You’ll collaborate with your fellow designers to constantly refine the design language and create innovative ways to present visual specifications to the engineering team.
Top 3 Daily Responsibilities:
- Produce redline specifications for one or more of client's consumer facing products using Sketch.
- Create and define a reline system that will be consistent across our product that spans multiple platforms, surfaces and endpoints for use with many different engineers.
- Source, edit and cut assets to be used in product.
- Work closely with engineering and ux team for handoff.
- Maintain reline/spec site for delivery purposes.
- Miscellaneous production design work that may include image cuts and edits.
- Present the work visually so information is easy to read, easy to understand and easy to find.
- Communicate effectively in a cross-functional product development team and present ideas and relines effectively.
- Proficient with industry standard design tools (must use Sketch).
- Bachelor's degree in any field
- Practical experience in user centered product design, graphic design, visual communications, production design.
- Experience collaborating with multidisciplinary UX and/or product teams (motion, interaction, UX research, engineering, UX writer) on technical implementation
- Experience implementing visual design systems across a range of platforms in an iterative software development environment.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and familiarity with technical constraints and limitations as they apply to designing for platforms such as desktop and mobile, Android and iOS.
Nice to Haves:
- Proven ability to act as a leader in communicating conceptual ideas and design rationale, all within a user-centered design process.
- Must be self-motivated to prioritize and manage workload and meet critical project deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build good working relationships.
Aquent's client is an American multinational technology company specializing in Internet-related services and products.
WORKING WITH AQUENT: long-term assignments with Aquent gets you access to some pretty cool things:
- You're paid weekly
- Subsidized health (including term life and LTD) and dental benefits after your first four weeks of work (averaging at least 20 hrs/wk)
- Access to Fidelity 401(k)
- Access to FSA Program
- Direct deposit for your pay check
- Access to our Talent Rewards Program (we reward for referrals!)
- Access to free online courses via Aquent's Gymnasium, to help you develop your skills: http://gymnasium.aquent.com/
- Access to free online courses via Lynda.com
- Aquent support: your Aquent Agent checks in with you during the course of your contract to make sure you're happy and progressing according to your expectations (we're also there to be looking for new opportunities for you when you're close to wrapping up)
***Background check is required for this position.***
***Please ensure FULL LEGAL NAME is noted on resume along with a PORTFOLIO LINK if applicable.***
***Assignment could start earlier if right candidate is identified.***