- Santa Clara Valley, CA
- Job Terms:
- posted by:
- Jennie Brandon
At Aquent's client, this assignment will have the following responsibilities:
- Reviews drafted technical communication and documentation copy from Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) from technology-based teams and provide copy writing, editing, and proof-reading services. All drafts will be either placed on intranet and or in internal emails.
- Ensures clarity, accuracy, alignment with the Chicago Manual of Style, and that the correct “voice” permeates throughout all messaging so that technical and non-technical audience members quickly understand it.
- Regularly engages with local team and various business partners ensuring work is being performed consistently, efficiently and with scalability in mind.
- Writes technical documentation for internal applications.
- Organizes documentation in a logical and cohesive framework so that it may be easily used and be maintained.
- May partner with various departments to ensure a solid understanding of the topic being written.
5-7 years professional experience with using a Mac
4-6 years professional experience with technical or creative writing
3-5 years professional experience with:
- copy editing
- writing and modifying HTML
- navigating a content management solution
- writing technical content for web and iOS platforms (Mac-based content preferred)
- Familiarity with the Chicago Manual of Style
- Experience with working as part of a global team
- Strong project management skills
Necessary Other Skills:
- Organized, approachable, detail-oriented
- Possesses strong interpersonal skills and keen business acumen
- Ability to synthesize technical information and from it, craft clear written direction for a wide range of technical and non-technical users
- Ability to manage time to meet tight deadlines for planned yet remain flexible and composed for unplanned work
- Ability to recommend communication plan to achieve an application’s goals
- Quick learner; doesn’t require hand-holding; is a team-player
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of CSS
- Image manipulation skills
- Marketing background and experience
Aquent's client is a leader in consumer electronics and one of the greatest, most innovative, world-changing companies ever created! Singlehandedly credited with creating some of the most impactful products of this generation.
WORKING WITH AQUENT: long-term assignments with Aquent gets you access to some pretty cool things:
- You're paid weekly
- Subsidized health (including term life and LTD) and dental benefits after your first four weeks of work (averaging at least 20 hrs/wk)
- Access to Fidelity 401(k)
- Access to FSA Program
- Direct deposit for your pay check
- Access to our Talent Rewards Program (we reward for referrals!)
- Access to free online courses via Aquent's Gymnasium, to help you develop your skills: http://gymnasium.aquent.com/
- Access to free online courses via Lynda.com
- Aquent support: your Aquent Agent checks in with you during the course of your contract to make sure you're happy and progressing according to your expectations (we're also there to be looking for new opportunities for you when you're close to wrapping up)
***Background check is required for this position.***
***Please ensure full legal name is noted on resume along with a portfolio link if applicable.***