- New York, NY
- Job Terms:
- posted by:
- Lisa Vaughn-Olstad
Leading social media company is seeking an Event Coordinator to support the Global Partner Marketing team. This role will manage a variety of organizational projects across the team including budget forecast, invoice tracking, scheduling, internal and industry event planning and logistics. The ideal candidate will be extremely detail oriented and able to manage a variety of tasks simultaneously. This role will work across the Media Partnerships and Partner Marketing teams and interface directly with a range of external media partners. The Media Partnerships team is the external arm of the company and works with media organizations around the globe.
This position is based in New York, but domestic travel will be required up to 25% of the time.
A 6 month opportunity to start with strong likelihood of extension or conversion to permanent!
- Logistical support for Journalism Project initiatives (roundtables, roadshows, hackathons, etc)
- Manage purchasing and contract processes for Media Partnerships team
- Manage inbound meeting requests and internal calendaring and meeting planning
- Provide onsite program support for executive and partner meetings, including prep for meetings, agenda development and logistics planning
- Serve as a first point of contact via phone and email with external partners in the News Industry
- Welcome a range of guests to the NY office
- 2-3 years of event or program coordinating experience
- Experience managing and tracking budgets
- Experience with computer programs, such as Outlook
- Incredibly organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to prioritize multiple assignments
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong scheduling and coordination skills
- Knowledgeable about organizing small and large off-site events
- Experience working with engineering teams a plus
- Thrive in a fast-paced atmosphere
- Ability to hit the ground running and take charge of the position
- Passionate about social media
- An understanding of how best to assimilate in a new group
- Must be flexible and able to quickly react to last minute changes
- Be self-directed and take initiative
- Ability to effectively interact with all levels of the organization
- Proven establishment of solid connections to build successful relationships
This TOP social media company headquartered in Menlo Park, CA was built to help people connect and share. Over the last decade their tools have played a critical part in changing how people around the world communicate with one another. With over two billion people using the service and more than fifty offices around the globe, a career at this company offers countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization.
This social media leader is looking for a Strategic Marketing Program Coordinator for a 6 month assignment onsite at their New York City office. The role has the possibility of extending or converting to full time if a good fit.
***Please ensure full legal name is noted on resume along with a portfolio link, if applicable.***