- San Jose, CA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- posted by:
- Lindsay DesRochers
Fortune 500 company is seeking a UX Designer to craft experiences for any channel or platform. You will act as a leader in the creation of business and consumer product experiences for different channels and platforms, working with senior UX leaders and managers.
You draw on your thorough knowledge of the UX lifecycle (research, concepting, iterative design, testing) to help lead the definition and creation of innovative solutions that address customer needs and marry them with business goals in a scalable, strategic way.
• Play a senior role in the delivery outstanding experiences and results, working collaboratively within a cross-disciplinary team that includes UX, visual design, and content.
• Leverage your talent for UX and Design Thinking to contribute to holistic experiences that solve for user needs and business goals
• Drive design discussions and collaborative sessions with teams and stakeholders, helping generate concepts and inspire peers and teams.
• Deliver high fidelity schematics, workflows, interaction storyboards, and design deliverables that guide creative, content, and development efforts.
• Formally and informally lead small teams around discreet threads, helping peers and junior contributors to raise the bar of their delivery
• Confidently present design decisions to teams and stakeholders, articulating and rationalizing needs against user insights and business goals.
• Assist in the planning and estimating of design activities, participating in broader workstream coordination and expectation setting.
• Maintain an awareness of industry and UX trends, sharing with peers and the broader community and leveraging them within the design lifecycle
A little about our Fortune 500 client... We are always looking for high-energy, self-motivated, committed individuals who are passionate about their work. Our team members enjoy a challenging environment that places the highest value on innovation, accountability and playing to win. Our group combines the entrepreneurial energy of a start-up with the resources and trusted leadership of a major corporation. Our culture is based on open and honest communication, respect for other points of view and a spirit of fun that keeps egos in check. We offer empowering roles worldwide with a focus on creativity, competitive pay and benefits, professional growth, and performance-focused rewards.
• 2-5 years experience working in a dynamic UX practice & Product Design
• Robust knowledge of Mobile, Tablet, and Desktop design constraints and nuances. Direct experience designing for all platforms preferred.
• Experience defining and delivering multi-faceted, service driven experiences across one or many products.
• Direct experience with user research, including using insights to divine user needs and inform experience capability priorities.
• Experience creating and using archetypes, profiles, personas, scenarios, or other user centered design artifacts.
• Working knowledge of technology mediums, including an awareness of the relative strengths and weaknesses of each.
• Awareness of adaptive and responsive techniques (preferably hands-on)
• Strong verbal and writing skills, with the ability to communicate the value of UX to product, business, and technology leaders.
• Deep experience with broad range of UX design and implementation tools (Adobe CS, Sketch, Principle, Invision, Marvel, etc.)