Large News Media and Entertainment company in Glendale is seeking a Short Form Digital Video Producer to joint their Digital Creative Content Team. The Producer must be is self-motivated and technically-savvy. News reporting and newsroom experience is MUST-HAVE for this role!! This is a 6-month temporary opportunity with the possibility of extending.
- Timely creation of text, image and video content for digital platforms including websites, apps and social media platforms. Subjects may range from top news of the day in politics and pop culture, to viral videos, to explainers and “how-tos.”
- Finding the viral stories before they go viral through use of news-gathering tools and good, old-fashioned reporting skills.
- Coordinating story assignments and content distribution with other Creative Content producers and digital teams at local stations.
- Strong editorial skills and sharp news judgment are a must.
- News experience (or something translatable)
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Strong writing and copy-editing skills
- Familiarity with modern news-gathering tools and solid news-gathering abilities
- Proficiency with AP Style
- Familiarity with digital publishing and CMS
- Strong grasp of social media with an understanding of creating content for mobile and social audiences.
- Familiarity with working and multitasking in a high-pressure television news environment.
- Basic PhotoShop and Adobe Premiere skills with an understanding of principles of design.
- Superior attention to detail with excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Experience editing video for digital platforms
- Can shoot video/is comfortable working out in the field