As an Interaction Designer you’ll take on complex tasks and transform them into intuitive, accessible and easy-to-use designs for billions of people around the world—ranging from novice to sophisticated users. Achieving this goal requires that you collaborate closely with Designer, Research, Engineering and Product teams throughout the design process—from crafting user flows and wireframes to building user interface mockups and prototypes. At each stage, you will anticipate what our users need, advocate for them and ensure that the final product surprises and delights them.
Top 3 Daily Responsibilities:
- Work closely with Product, Research and Engineering throughout the design/development lifecycle to understand product requirements, technical constraints, present and test design concepts, and guide implementation.
- Attend team meetings and proactively facilitate communication between all cross-functional team members to ensure common understanding of status, deliverables, and schedule.
- Develop high level and/or detailed critical user journey flows, storyboards, mockups, and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas.
- BA/BS degree in Design (e.g. interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial), HCI, CS, or in lieu of degree overall 4 years of equivalent practical experience.
- 3 - 5 years of experience as an interaction designer
- Experience with full design and development life cycle
- Proven experience designing for Android/iOS, Mobile/Web, Phone/Tablet/Desktop
- Expert level proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch.
Nice to have Qualifications:
- MA/MS degree in Design, HCI, CS, or a related field
- Proficiency in prototyping software, Principle, Framer, etc.
- Demonstrated experience in crafting usable digital interfaces with large teams on major products
- Visual design sensibilities as they relate to applying a brand to digital experiences
- Excellent leadership, communication and collaboration skills.