Our renowned Fortune 500 insurance client, who has been helping clients stay ahead of risk since 1919, is looking for a talented freelance User Interface Designer to work onsite, 40 hours a week in their NYC location, 6 months with opportunity to extend. This is a totally cool, high energy, creative agency environment - perfect for those who love the “agency style” without the crazy hours. The team includes UX Strategists, Creative Technologists, Product Managers, Developers, UX, UI, and Visual Designers
What You Will Do:
- As a key member of the creative team, you will collaborate with product management and engineering to define and implement innovative solutions for website and customer user experience
- Using your design expertise, you will execute visual design stages from concept to final hand-off
- Tapping into your creative skills, you will conceptualize ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design roadblocks
- You will also create storyboards, design systems, communicate interaction and design ideas and present designs and key milestone deliverables to peers and executive level stakeholders
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards
What Youi Need:
- Proven User Interface Design experience supported by a strong portfolio
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch, and other visual design tools.
- Strong conceptualization ability, strong visual communication ability, drawing skills and sketchbook technique
- Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction with a solid understanding of animation techniques for interfaces
- Ability to present your designs and sell your solutions to various stakeholders.
- Up-to-date with the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies and experience in an Agile/Scrum development process.
What is it like working with AQUENT? I’m glad you asked! Freelancing long-term with AQUENT gets you access to some pretty cool things including:
- Subsidized health & dental benefits after your first (4) weeks of work (averaging at least 20 hrs/wk)
- Access to Fidelity 401(k), access to FSA Program; direct deposit for your paycheck; access to our Talent Rewards Program (we reward for referrals!)
- Free online courses via Aquent’s Gymnasium, to help you develop your skills: http://gymnasium.aquent.com; free online courses via Lynda.com
- AQUENT support: your AQUENT Agent checks in with you during the course of your contract to make sure you’re happy and progressing according to your expectations (we’re also there to be looking for new opportunities for you when you’re close to wrapping up)
That’s it! The rest is up to you, if you are interested in this amazing opportunity please send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com