- BELLEVUE, WA
- Job Terms:
- posted by:
- Samantha McHale
START DATE: ASAP
CONTRACT: 1 YEAR
LOCATION: BELLEVUE, WA
** A FORTUNE 500 RETAIL COMPANY IS LOOKING FOR AN EXCEPTIONAL CONTENT EDITOR! **
- Write, edit, publish, and test customer-facing content (such as, knowledge base articles, UI copy, email templates, and other content types) across multiple sites and in multiple languages.
- Ensure content meets requirements, is accurate, functional, and relevant.
- Adhere to established in-house voice and style guidelines, UX principles, processes, as well as existing standards for quality, scope, and usability of content.
- Create the optimum customer-facing content experiences that marry the business goals with the user tasks.
- Address update requests, clarifying details when necessary.
- Troubleshoot issues related to site features, functionalities, and content errors.
- Run reports on content performance and identify optimization opportunities
- Participate in task effort estimations.
- Participate in improving team processes and offer solutions.
- Provide excellent customer service by responding to stakeholders in a timely, professional manner upon completion of content requests; and explaining why all or part of the request could not be fulfilled, when necessary.
- Translate complex processes into simple, clear, end-user focused content solutions.
- Cross-train as needed and assist in meeting overarching content goals by handling other writing, editing, and project tasks, as assigned.
- Regularly report back to team on progress, flag issues and risks in a timely manner.
- Energetic self-starter with a proven track record to get up to speed quickly
- 3+ years of experience creating and managing desktop and mobile content experiences for the end-user, and on a global scale
- 3+ years of experience working in a content management system
- Strong HTML, Excel, Word, and Web publishing skills
- Content Project Management experience a plus
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and scope/requirements change within a fast-paced, Agile environment
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively across teams and departments, with minimal supervision
- Ability to follow strict processes, multi-task, and juggle competing priorities, while delivering content on tight timelines
- Ability to synthesize complex processes into simple and engaging customer-facing language
- Skills to solicit and manage feedback from a wide variety of stakeholders
- Detail-oriented; data- and deadline-driven
- Experience with website analytics tools and reporting
- Degree in technical communication, English, or writing/editing preferred
- E-commerce experience preferred
WE WELCOME REFERRALS! CHECK OUT OUR REFERRAL POLICY HERE: $$$$ http://aquent.com/rewards/
WORKING WITH AQUENT
Freelancing long-term with Aquent gets you access to some pretty cool things:
- You're paid weekly
- Subsidized health (including term life and LTD) and dental benefits after your first four weeks of work (averaging at least 20 hrs/wk)
- Access to Fidelity 401(k)
- Access to FSA Program (pre-tax payment toward Bart passes, etc.)
- Direct deposit for your paycheck
- Access to our Talent Rewards Program (we reward for referrals!)
- Access to free online courses via Aquent's Gymnasium, to help you develop your skills: http://gymnasium.aquent.com/
- Access to free online courses via Lynda.com
- Aquent support: your Aquent Agent checks in with you during the course of your contract to make sure you're happy and progressing according to your expectations (we're also there to be looking for new opportunities for you when you're close to wrapping up)