Our renowned Fortune 500 insurance client, who has been helping clients stay ahead of risk since 1919, is looking for a talented freelance Creative Technologist to work onsite, 40 hours a week in their NYC location, 6 months with opportunity to extend. This is a totally cool, high enegry, creative agency environment - perfect for those who love the “agency style” without the crazy hours. The supportive team includes 2 Creative Technologists, Developers, Designers, Strategists, etc.
What is a Creative Technologist, you may ask? A Creative Technologist is a unique hybrid of a technology-focused individual with a “creative sensibility”; a Developer who understands the creative process in order to build web projects, mobile apps and other digital experiences.
- What is so exciting about this role is you will use your passion for emerging technologies. As a Creative Technologist, you will work with designers by using your creativity and technological skills to create digital experiences for one of the world’s largest brands.
- As a Creative Technologist, you have your hands on every aspect of the product process - from concept meetings, creating wireframes and clickable prototypes, setting up a test group and gathering feedback. A day-to-day includes everything from refining product concepts and information architecture to coding, account and project management.
- You will utilize your understanding of modern web and responsive mobile development along with an appreciation for compelling user experience and visual design by creating experiences that are detail oriented, beautiful and functional within the latest frameworks.
What You Need:
- 4-5 + years professional enterprise experience in delivering exceptional work as a Developer and design critiques.
- Experience developing highly usable applications that are also accessible demonstrating a working knowledge of ADA and WCAG 2.0 compliance standards.
- Your portfolio should represent your technological prowess, ideas and executional ability as well as code samples. A portfolio demonstrating functional, simple, and accomplished user interfaces in an Agile workplace
- Experience using and helping to further develop the client’s Pattern library
- You will be able to work well with multi-disciplinary teams and other business units, have strong communication skills, and be extremely organized
What is it like working with AQUENT? I’m glad you asked! Freelancing long-term with AQUENT gets you access to some pretty cool things including:
- Subsidized health & dental benefits after your first (4) weeks of work (averaging at least 20 hrs/wk)
- Access to Fidelity 401(k), access to FSA Program; direct deposit for your paycheck; access to our Talent Rewards Program (we reward for referrals!)
- Free online courses via Aquent’s Gymnasium, to help you develop your skills: http://gymnasium.aquent.com; free online courses via Lynda.com
- AQUENT support: your AQUENT Agent checks in with you during the course of your contract to make sure you’re happy and progressing according to your expectations (we’re also there to be looking for new opportunities for you when you’re close to wrapping up)
That’s it! The rest is up to you, if you are interested in this amazing opportunity please send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org