We are actively seeking innovative quality-motivated Front End Developer/Creative Technologist to join our client’s team in New York City. Over the past couple of years, our client has been embarking on a transformation into the fin-tech future of institutional trading by incorporating emerging technologies such as blockchain, data science, machine learning, and cyber-security into the products we create. Their team, which sits within the company’s institutional trading arm (serving corporate clients), leverages such technologies to develop and refine the tools that are considered most essential to the users that keep this business at the top of the industry: traders, analysts, portfolio managers and others closely involved in the origination, analytics, and execution of trades.
The FEDs/CTs are an important conduit between User Experience and a larger corporate product development organization. The FEDs/CTs sit alongside a talented team of Design professionals and Product Managers, all working to deliver cutting-edge top-quality user experiences for their most critical client-facing trading systems.
The Front End Developer/Creative Technologists will support ongoing functional deliveries for the bank's various client-facing and trading-floor systems. In particular, these systems include research, commentary, pricing, trading, and order management. These, often complex systems are more than your average banking app in that they need to handling real-time data, support a variety of user functions, are time sensitive and demand critical accuracy.
- The program is divided into small, highly motivated, agile teams. Throughout our regular software deliveries, team members are expected to keep sight of the ideal user experience making progress towards that goal with smaller discrete drops strategically over time.
- As a confident and senior coding specialist, you can skillfully handle team members stakeholders, and work on a variety of projects when necessary. You must be confident and able to quickly learn and adapt to new, and often complex, domains. Above all, you must have the drive to create next-generation user interfaces by applying your awareness of design, human-computer interaction, and the skills you’ve learned from delivering UIs within a design-led product development environment.
- Ideally, you will have a blend of technical skills and design craft and creativity in delivery so that you’re able to imagine how the interface could work and then bring it fruition. An educational background in computer science or internet technologies is preferred.
- The ideal candidates will have a background delivering front-end development for UX for web and desktop applications. Delivery of mobile is a plus.
- We are looking for highly professional team members who enjoy collaborating and have excellent communication skills. You’ll appreciate good design aesthetics, handle pressure well, and be excited to serve as a model for delivering quality (yet pragmatic) UIs which could ultimately influence the broader organization.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in a computer science or internet technologies related subject; or relative experience;
- Has a keen eye to design detail and the overall finished effect especially in the areas of typography, data visualization, and other visual arts
- Can demonstrate and talk about past deliveries of complex and rich user interfaces
- Experience designing and building Design Themes using advanced CSS techniques and is comfortable using CSS preprocessors such as LESS and SASS.
- Ability to create wireframes when necessary to help flesh out complex interactions for development
- Strong working knowledge of Sketch and associated design tools
- Experience leveraging user interface design patterns and standard UCD methodologies
The ideal candidate would show:
- Resourcefulness, independence, and innovation;
- Leadership across all standard product design phases;
- The ability to create reusable code for other teams to leverage;
- Have the ability to work with Interaction and Visual Designers to translate design specifications into compelling UI’s that demonstrate the power and value of the rich internet application experience
- Create robust documentation (i.e. UI Toolkits) that is valuable beyond the immediate team
Enjoy understanding our clients and end-user needs and strive to provide the best possible experience.