The Technical Program Manager will be a key member of the TPM organization, responsible for working with stakeholders to gather requirements and translating them into robust user stories aligned to business value, along with supporting the development lifecycle and closely collaborating with technical teams to deliver on the business priorities.
The Technical Program Manager will work closely with Product and Tech leadership along with a wide array of stakeholders across the organization to collaborate on defining priorities, and working in an Agile manner with the development teams on a daily basis to build and implement outstanding products and platforms that deliver clear business value.
You will need to have a technical mindset while being able to clearly communicate issues, solutions, and any other necessary information across the broad range of stakeholders. You will need to be effective at moving from a face-to-face conversation with technical and non-technical stakeholders to writing detailed technical documents. You will also need to have the drive and enthusiasm to be an integral part of a technical team, and company, on a journey towards greatness in part by being able to work together to overcome any challenges that may present themselves and collaborate with the wider team and stakeholders to deliver the optimal outcome.
• Capture requirements from stakeholders across the organization, that include appropriate technical direction, and business goals
• Create user stories and use cases that include appropriate level of technical direction and address the appropriate needs of the stakeholder(s)
• Communicate effectively with stakeholders and tech teams to support the ongoing partnership between teams and understand how the products are used in the organization
• Ensuring functional specifications match business goals, and support the realization of those goals though user testing, product assessments, and customer training/documentation
• Ensuring priorities of the development team(s) are understood and aligned to overall company priorities
• Collaborate with Development Managers and Product Managers to deliver solutions
• Contribute to design discussions and challenge technology assumptions when and where required
• Maintain technical and stakeholder facing documentation
• Critically, one needs to be able to effectively handle ambiguity while working to diminish that ambiguity for your teams and the stakeholders.
• Excellent technical knowledge and an understanding of various product lifecycles
• Great organizational skills and a high level of oral/written communication skills
• Ability to synthesis and solve challenging business/technology problems
• Experience gathering business requirements and turning them into detailed user stories in an Agile development setting
• Ability to prioritize own workload across multiple projects simultaneously and be comfortable working in a dynamic environment
• Ability to work with cross functional teams to deliver the implementation of new features as well as resolve operational issues
• To have a keen sense on when to tactfully pushback as appropriate to ensure your team is able to deliver successfully
• Able to handle working with remote teams that are up to 12 time zones away
• Familiarity with tiered architecture, data organization, and performance optimization
• Previous experience working in an Agile development environment using one or more proven methodologies