- Knoxville, TN
- Job Terms:
- DOE + Benefits
- posted by:
- Audra Kemmerling
- This is a 6 month temporary assignment with potential to extend
- Local candidates only please
- Must have proof of eligibility to work in the US as W2 employee
Our Fortune 500 Media & Entertainment Client is looking to add a Front End Engineer to their project team in Knoxville, TN. If selected you would work with the Interactive Creative Services (iCS) development team. As the Front End Engineer you would be responsible for the development and maintenance of B2B websites, advertorials integrated into network websites, as well as web-applications, and tools supporting the Interactive Creative Services team (iCS). Our ideal person would be someone with a growing set of front-end development skills and who also has an eye for design.
If selected for the role of Front End Engineer you will be doing:
- Starting with Photoshop mockups, develop web-standard code to produce responsive public facing websites, landing pages, and web-applications.
- Assist in the maintenance and development roadmap of internal web-based applications and tools to support the iCS design and digital sales teams.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders and external vendors to support necessary implementations of 3rd party applications.
- Participate in meetings with internal stakeholders as well as external clients to articulate development capabilities.
If selected for the role of Front End Engineer you will need to have:
- Bachelors degree in related discipline from an accredited institution and 2 years of experience in related field - OR -
- Masters degree or other graduate degree from an accredited institution and 1 year of experience in related field. - OR -
- 2+ years of experience in related field
It’s a plus if you have:
- Working knowledge of User Interface (UI), User Experience (UX) and information design principles.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and an understanding of how to optimize design assets for the web.
- Limited understanding of SCSS and preprocessors.
- Working knowledge of additional languages such as jQuery, AJAX, JSON, PHP.
- Working knowledge of MVC programming, MySQL databases, and API integration.
- Web hosting and experience with FTP. Experience with cloud infrastructure such as Amazon Web Services.
- Understanding of Responsive Design principles and the ability to develop websites accordingly.
- Ability to debug issues across a wide range of browsers and devices.
- Desire to grow skills and learn new ones.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Works independently and as a member of a team.
- Ability to plan and accomplish goals with limited supervision.
- Ability to multi-task.
Fortune 500 Media & Entertainment.
*Free online training
*Opportunities with Fortune 500 Companies
*Health, Vision, Dental & Non-Matching 401k
If you feel like you meet the above requirements please email me directly after you have applied. firstname.lastname@example.org