- Washington, DC
- Job Terms:
- posted by:
- Jessica Guntorius
The Digital Email Marketing Manager role reports to the Senior Advisor of Email Channel Operations. The candidate drives business processes and technology solutions in support of a robust and complex email program and is responsible for maintaining the email service provider platform (Salesforce Marketing Cloud)
Serves as the primary contact for Salesforce Marketing Cloud users providing ongoing user support and training. The candidate will identify areas of improvement and make actionable recommendations to increase operational efficiency as well as design/implement those solutions on the Salesforce.com platform.
Responsible for providing strategic and tactical leadership and guidance in the end-to-end delivery of solutions leveraging the Salesforce Marketing Cloud email platform, as well as integrations with other platforms and cloud based technology.
Expected to demonstrate significant depth of technical, business and agency expertise in technology solutions, as well as deep understanding of customer processes and business operations.
- Candidate functions such as user management, profile configuration, mobile configuration, data management, report and dashboard development, etc.
- Work with Salesforce, support vendors and internal technical staff to troubleshoot and apply new features, upgrades and patches.
- Ensure data integrity within Salesforce.com as well as between Salesforce.com and internal systems
- Serve as the email channel contact for business partners including ITS, Digital Services/Web Platforms, CRM Platforms (IMAX); provide insight and expertise on how integration with the email platforms can support/enable business objectives.
- Be accountable for the delivery of solutions to the business by effectively leading agency technical resources and outsourced managed service resources.
- Collaborate with business partners on development and testing activities.
- Oversee the timely completion of email Advanced Service projects.
- Understand client goals and lead email technical solutions and strategies to reach these goals.
- Lead technology roadmap planning and execution
Required Education, Work Experience and Competencies: (Candidates that do not fulfill these requirements will not be considered.)
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- 6+ years of related experience
- Demonstrated experience in Email Marketing Platforms, 1-3 years Salesforce Marketing Cloud experience and Salesforce Marketing Cloud Certified Administrator desired – NOTE: Salesforce.com experience isn’t relevant. We need the B2C application, formerly known as Exact Target
- Ability to translate customer requirements into specifications
- Experience working and or managing in a highly matrixed, consulting organization
- Technical Aptitude within Salesforce Marketing Cloud or equivalent platform
- Ability to create and modify roles, profiles, sharing rules, user configurations, mobile configurations, page layouts, custom objects, reports and dashboards.
- Strong client service and project management skills. In particular, must have the ability to communicate with both business and technical individuals effectively and explain technologies in a non-technical manner
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications especially Excel functions
- Understanding of web based software, cloud platforms, and client/server technologies
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills
- Must have strong technical and analytical skills