UX content strategists are the voice of this client. They craft the intuitive, inspiring text seen and heard in products across the web, on mobile, in homes and cars -- always acting as an advocate for users. They do this by collaborating with product managers, engineers, designers, researchers, and others to imagine, design, test, and deliver products and product features used by hundreds of millions of people around the globe.
Top Daily Responsibilities
1. Collaborate with designers, researchers, prototypers, product managers, and engineers to define product requirements.
2. Write and manage clear, concise graphical and/or voice UI text for products. Act as a subject matter expert and point of contact for UX writing, including testing, localization, and accessibility strategies.
3. Ensure execution drives cohesive product narratives across all digital touch points, and partner with marketing and operations on touch points outside the product.
- Craft and publish product content style guides and other strategic tools.
- Identify and define metrics that illustrate the impact of content strategy.
- Help coordinate the localization process, improve writing tools and processes, format documents, and generally lend a hand as needed to produce world-class products.
- Participate in client’s cross-product “horizontal” content strategy team to contribute to style guides and best practices for use across multiple product areas.
- BA or BS in HCI, Interaction Design, English, Journalism, or other relevant program.
- At least 2 years of product UX writing and UX content strategy experience.
- Annotated portfolio of demonstrated UX writing and content strategy projects.
- Experience working closely with research, engineering, and product management teams.
- Ability to make content decisions based on established voice and tone tenets - and to help define them when necessary.
- Mastery of writing mechanics to the extent that no copyediting is needed.
- Ability to juggle competing priorities in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
Nice to Haves:
- Engaging presentation and storytelling skills, using both language and imagery.
- Understanding of and passion for interaction design principles.
- Demonstrated project management skills.