- Mountain View, CA
- Job Terms:
- up to $49.50/hour
- posted by:
- Rachel Korzenny
As a Research Assistant, you'll have the opportunity to support client's research activities in developing innovative, user-friendly, best-of-breed products. We are looking for individuals who have excellent communication skills, are diligent, detail-oriented, and can work fairly independently.
This position is primarily based in client's office in Mountain View, CA. You will also work from the San Francisco office from time to time and you may make day trips to user study locations outside of the Bay Area. Most of the work will take place during regular business hours, but you will need to work on evenings from time to time. The position is a contract role for a duration of 6 months and can be extended up to two years depending on performance and need.
Specifically, you’ll support two key research programs
- You will work from an established research plan, you’ll executive monthly "Meet the User" nights. This means the you will meet with recruiters to find the ideal participants. Gather questions to be asked the night of the evening. Post posters and send emails to announce the event within the team Compile a script and template for taking notes. Summarize lessons learned into a written report.
- You will also conduct bi-weekly user research sessions in cafés and coffee shops around client's campus. You will be responsible for drafting a plan and script for testing new products or features inside of product. You will conduct short usability studies and draft a report of what was learned. Both the script and report will be drafted from existing templates.
Top 3 Daily Responsibilities:
- Assistance in preparing user research activities (working with the recruiters to schedule study sessions, setting up the usability lab etc., finalizing study plans).
- Analyzing data & synthesizing insights
- Communicating insights from the study to the research lead and other stakeholders.
- Observing and running usability testing sessions and interviews.
- Administering questionnaires, surveys, and interviews.
- Taking notes during user study sessions.
- Analyzing, interpreting and summarizing existing research reports.
- B.A./B.S. (completed) or M.A/M.S./Ph.D. (completed) in Human Factors, Psychology, HCI/Computer Science, or other field emphasizing human behavior; or in lieu or degree, 1-2 years of related work experience
- Detail-oriented and ability to work fairly independently on a variety of tasks.
- Interest in general research and user research methods.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Can prioritize time between multiple projects, and be flexible by adapting to changing schedules and different projects.
- Technical aptitude, familiarity with basic graphic and video editing tools preferred.
- Knowledge of basic statistical concepts preferred.
- OK with flexible working hours (regular business hours + evenings and Saturdays).
- Willingness to travel
- An interest in education, productivity or consumer software (e.g. mail, calendar, etc).
Nice to Have Skills/Not Required:
- Manages projects and tasks efficiently
- Get things done. Understands timelines and that tasks need to be engineered so they can be completed in set period of time.
- Works as a team. Willing to work with co-workers to get things done and willing to share in burden and praise alike.
- Values feedback. Understands that performance can always be tuned or adapted to the people or situation at hand.
Aquent's client is an American multinational technology company specializing in Internet-related services and products.
***Background check is required for this position.***
***Please ensure FULL LEGAL NAME is noted on resume along with a PORTFOLIO LINK if applicable.***
***Assignment could start earlier if right candidate is identified.***