Our client is looking for an Assoc. Merchandising Manager/ Category Manager!
Our merchandising team is looking for a talented Merchant Assistant to support the Beauty category. The position supports the divisional merchandise strategy and helps maximize effectiveness by providing assistance to the category manager. This role is a foundational entry point to build fundamental knowledge of retail commerce and site merchandising. The Ideal candidate has a proven track record for flawless execution and attention to detail. Must be agile, flexible and an innate solution-seeker. Should have background in merchandising/buying and possess general knowledge of online retail. Strong communication and organizational skills will be paramount for this role, as this individual will be responsible for coordination and follow-up on multiple concurrent projects.
This role is unique in that expectations will go beyond general execution and extend into independent decision-making, requiring a blend of creative thought balanced by data-driven analysis.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
• Support and assist Category Manager to execute end-to-end strategy for on-site merchandising experience
• Execute and Launch Deals/Events, negotiate pricing with sellers
• Calendar management and maintenance with consistent follow-up and status updates to ensure all deadlines are met.
• Assist in inventory sourcing, forecasting and business analysis.
• Assist in pricing optimization through competitive analysis
• Generate and maintain multiple reports for the merchant team
• Assist in other miscellaneous processes and procedures.
• Integration of the market and the competitive landscape, contributing to new ideas.
• College Diploma
• A work ethic based on a strong desire to exceed expectations.
• Strong internal customer focus and attention to detail.
• Strong interpersonal skills, including written and oral communication skills.
• Aptitude for being organized with flexibility to deliver results in a fast-paced environment
• Work effectively across teams, drive for outcomes and communicate context
• Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.
• General interest in the Health & Beauty business
• Strong Excel Experience