• Implement Weapons/Vehicles/Player Abilities from paper design through ship under the guidance of the Lead Weapon/Vehicle/Player Designer.
• Script gameplay capabilities such as weapon functionality, vehicle tuning, and player abilities.
• Work closely with all disciplines, such as 3d art, engineering, animation, fx, audio, and test to ensure cohesive player experience.
• Work closely with engineers to develop and maintain level building functionality.
• Playtest and iterate on content to ensure highest quality.
• Embrace the philosophy that there are multiple effective designs that can fulfill a goal.
• Highly motivated and contributes to a positive working environment.
Qualifications and Skills:
• 3+ years working as a developing core mechanics on a first person/third person shooter title
• Deep understanding of gameplay and game design theories and practices
• Proficient in using game editing software such as Unreal, Unity, Frostbite, etc.
• Experience in using a text based scripting language (C#, LUA, UnityScript, etc.)
• Excellent writing and communication skills
• A love for shooters in general