Aquent is currently assisting our Fortune 500 client in their search for a Visual Merchandising Designer to work a 6 month assignment with a high likelihood of extension and/or permanent position. The Visual Merchandising designer will need strong skills in Adobe Creative Suite (especially InDesign and Photoshop). Ideal Candidates will have creative concepting abilities, corporate visual merchandising experience, and experience with fixture design.
- Developing retail store execution that achieves enterprise and brand strategy for assigned category and/or business unit bringing to life both brand attributes along side seasonal initiatives that align with corporate goals.
- Concepting and developing against creative brief to support business strategy
- Presenting to creative peers, design manager and other creative directors
- Ability to expand approved seasonal concepts into holistic store experiences
- Self managing schedules and timelines based on business needs
- Excellent skills using Adobe Creative Suite especially InDesign and Photoshop (2-3 years experience)
- 2-3 years of work experience in visual merchandising design
- Great design eye, strong visual aesthetic
- Great concepting / strategic thinking
- Great communication
- Ability to extend storytelling from approved concept to completed in-store presentation
- Ability to work well with ambiguity
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work well with a team (collaboration with communication designers, producers creative team)
- Nice to have: Fixture design experience, SketchUp
To be considered you must include a resume and portfolio to be reviewed.