- Boston area, remote
- Job Terms:
- posted by:
- Alicia Capobianco
Our large financial services client located in Boston is seeking a Proofreader/Copyeditor for a 6 month contract position with potential for extension. This is a 40 hr/week position with the availability to be completely remote - other than having to come insight once or twice at the start of the assignment. Ideal start date is 11/1. The hours are flexible throughout the week, does not have to be 9-5 as long as the 40 hours are put in.
- Proofing/editing over 400 - 1,000 pieces of client content and organizing into an internal system. Content is written in journalistic style and needs to be edited/written in such.
- Understanding computer systems, Excel, and data writing is a must.
- loading and pulling text and data into Excel, data normalization.
- Managing info coming out of internal systems, conducting client research to add existing marketing content to pieces.
- Min 2 years professional experience in writing/editing/proofing position
- Journalism or English degree required, AP style, writing/editing samples.
- Experience with SalesForce and ability to proactively conduct outside research via the internet helpful.
- Editing test will be provided to potential talent.
Freelancing long-term with Aquent gets you access to some pretty cool things:
- You're paid weekly
- Subsidized health and dental benefits after your first four weeks of work (averaging at least 20 hrs/wk)
- Access to Fidelity 401(k)
- Access to FSA Program (pre-tax payment toward bus or train passes, etc.)
- Direct deposit for your paycheck
- Access to our Talent Rewards Program (we reward for referrals!)
- Access to free online courses via Aquent's Gymnasium, to help you develop your skills: http://gymnasium.aquent.com/
- Access to free online courses via Lynda.com
- Aquent support: your Aquent Agent checks in with you during the course of your contract to make sure you're happy and progressing according to your expectations (we're also there to be looking for new opportunities for you when you're close to wrapping up)