- San Francisco
- Job Terms:
- posted by:
- Jessica Cizek
The Inventory & Profits Planner will own a department or category’s in-season yield management through monthly forecasting, commercial plan alignment, in-season pricing, and allocation while creating strategic in-season alignment across cross functional teams, markets, and channels. The role of the Global Yield Management team is to maximize sales, margin and inventory through strategic in-season optimization across all customer channels. This work requires strong analytical and story-telling skills, the ability to build close partnerships with other functions, and a focus on executing best in class customer experience while delivering/exceeding financial targets.
Major Responsibilities include:
• Drive financial success through sales, gross margin, gross margin return on investment (GMROI) and inventory turn goals
• Create monthly forecast incorporating current trends to maximize opportunities and mitigate risks to achieve pre-season plans
• Maximize profitability through strategic pricing decisions with a focus on the omni customer experience
• Develop in season allocation strategies to deliver the optimal inventory to stores through partnership with Store Planning, Visual and Marketing teams
• Create comprehensive hindsights and partner with Planning and Merchandising team to develop future product and inventory strategies for all global regions
• Proactively influence Planning and Merchandising pre-season strategies with business knowledge based on current trends across all markets
• Cultivate strong working relationships multiple cross-functional partners to ensure business success
• Responsible for managing inventory and pricing strategy to deliver/exceed budgeted results
• Partner with cross functional team to validate pricing strategies and commercial plans deliver planned results. Influence key changes to commercial plan as needed to mitigate risk and maximize opportunity by market/channel.
• Business Acumen: Knowledge of financial measures and how in-season strategies impact them. Understands the broader marketplace and competition. Aware of changing trends and customer behaviors that impact the way we do business.
• Presentation Skills & Comfort Around Higher Management: Strong story-telling ability to synthesize large amounts of data into conclusions and recommendations in oral and written formats
• Peer Relationships: Collaborates with peers and cross functional partners to share best practices and develop strategic knowledge
• Customer Focus: Constant focus on customer thinking within all tasks. Has a passion for product and how it shows up to the customer across all touch points.
• Dealing with Ambiguity: Flexible and adaptive to changing priorities with a willingness to learn and improve processes
• Drive for Results & Self Development: Proven track record of adding more value within the same role over time
• Organizational Agility: Ability to work independently and with teams interchangeably to deliver results
• Technical Learning: Strong skill set in Microsoft Excel; Proficient in PowerPoint & Word, and has the ability & interest in mastering new and available technical applications
Major apparel retailer, but you will be employed by Aquent. Freelancing long-term with Aquent gets you access to some pretty cool things: You're paid weekly with the option for direct deposit Subsidized health (including term life and LTD) and dental benefits after your first four weeks of work (averaging at least 20 hrs/wk) Access to Fidelity 401(k) Access to FSA Program (pre-tax payment toward Bart passes, etc.) Access to our Talent Rewards Program (we reward for referrals!) Access to free online courses via Aquent's Gymnasium to help you develop your skills: http://gymnasium.aquent.com/ Access to free online courses via Lynda.com Aquent support: your Aquent Agent checks in with you during the course of your contract to make sure you're happy and progressing according to your expectations (we're also there to be looking for new opportunities for you when you're close to wrapping up).