As a Prototyper, you'll be creating compelling wireframe solutions for a project in a tablet interface environment. In collaboration with user interface designers and developers, you'll be conducting primary and secondary research; creating pattern libraries and design language to enable rapid prototyping; creating impeccably notated wireframes; and working with business analysts to write and incorporate functional specs into prototypes you'll create using Axure. This will initially be a 4-6 week engagement, could convert to something longer term for the right candidate. This work requires you to be on site in Chicago, IL and you will need to complete a background check prior to start of the job.
Ideal candidates bring solid, scalable designs, structures, strategies and solutions that focus on the user, no matter what complex problem, engagement model, crossed wires, legacy systems or other obstacles may stand in the way. We are looking for the best in the business: you must be creative, collaborative and confident, passionate about your discipline and building the best possible experience for your users.
• Three+ years of experience as a UXD or information architect, creating typical deliverables like taxonomies, wireframes, user flows, content structures and libraries – and a portfolio that proves it
• Expert-level proficiency in Creative Suite and its outputs (HTML, CSS, etc.) and other UXD tools, such as Visio, Axure and iRise. You don't need to be a designer or a developer, but you must have a thorough understanding of how to create architecture that leads to the delivery of amazing interactive interfaces
• Familiarity with tablet user interface; experience with mobile applications beneficial as well.
• Experience outlining UI/UX requirements and specs based on content inventories, task analysis, card sorting exercises and other user experience design techniques
• Ability to work in a consultative manner with members of the client, design, development and a comfort level representing your work and the discipline of experience design, both to clients and to a diverse, internal team
• Excellent writing, communication, presentation and analytical skills
• University degree, preferably in: Information Sciences, Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, Psychology, Human Factors, Business or related discipline
• Have a portfolio or samples of your recent work
• Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization that does not require sponsorship by the employer for a Visa
We will be reviewing candidates daily and you will be contacted directly if your experience is the best match for our client.
Aquent offers a comprehensive benefits package including subsidized healthcare, vision, and dental plans. We also offer a 401K plan and training.
Please apply immediately to be considered.