One of our valued clients in the oil and gas industry is seeking a Web Developer/Content Manager within their communications department.
Ultimately what we are looking for a candidate who who possesses the following experience:
A Developer/Coder who:
- helps build mobile-responsive web pages for client's external website; websites for company initiatives or events like, for example: marketing conference;
- builds intranet pages in SharePoint; and possibly applications.
- Candidates should have some experience with a content management system, like SharePoint, Adobe Experience Manager, Sitecore or something similar.
- Prefer candidates with admin experience implementing search engine optimization functionality, and tracking codes for an analytics program like Adobe Analytics or Google Analytics.
The Web Developer is responsible for building and maintaining online content for the company's external and internal websites. As an integral part of the Communications and Public Affairs team, the Web Developer will code and create online content that delivers exceptional user experience using internet development best practices.
This team member should have strong coding and analytic skills and embrace collaboration with graphic designers, content strategists and internal clients. The Web Developer will contribute expertise and ideas to the overall corporate communications strategy.
- Web coding and programming
- Design, develop, test, iterate and support development of mobile-responsive web products and applications.
- Discover and embrace emerging web standards in order to deliver a leading customer experience.
- Deliver exceptional user experience using web development best practices.
- Work collaboratively with other team members within Communications and Public Affairs, assisting with conceptualization and production of key digital communications
- Contribute to best-in-class culture of our team by staying abreast of new technologies, software, and trends in web information architecture, user experience and user interface.
- Company knowledge and brand understanding
- Apply understanding of our company’s marketing and business objectives to web development projects.
- Performance reporting.
- Capture and confirm accurate project metrics and record keeping
- Report regularly on work progress and maintains communications with team members.
- Champion process and project improvements
Successful candidate will demonstrate the following:
• Positive influence on team members.
• Energy, innovation, and leadership to solve problems.
• Strong level of initiative to accomplish goals efficiently and effectively.
• Willingness to share information with team members.
• Positive and professional manner when acting as a departmental representative
• Excellent verbal & written communication and interpersonal skills
• Must be detail oriented and have excellent time management & organization skills
• Superior analytical and problem solving skills
• Legally authorized to work in the United States
• Any combination of education and training that demonstrates the ability to perform the duties and responsibilities as described.
• 3-5 years of experience as a web developer, coder, programmer.
• Experience in responsive web design with focus on customer experience.
• Experience interfacing with clients to gather requirements.
• Experience in solution design.
• Experience developing and testing across multiple browsers and platforms and using browser-specific development tools (e.g. Firefox/Firebug, IE/Web Developer Tools).
• Developing applications according to W3C specifications.
• Experience with development in SharePoint, Windows & C# developer in an ASP.NET context
• .Net Framework experience.
• Understanding of web security best practices.
• Experience with supporting and maintaining code in a production environment and helping to maintain a common, integrated technology platform.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
• Proficiency in scheduling and estimation for web development.
Preferred Skills & Competencies:
• High-level communications experience in oil & gas industry, or in major company with global reach.
• Experience working with and evaluating cloud-based applications.
• Experience working in and evaluating Web content-management systems like Sitecore or Adobe Experience Manager.
• Experience with SEO (search engine optimization) from a development standpoint.
• Proven leadership ability in collaborative, dynamic team environment.
• Exceptional work ethic.
• Experience managing multiple projects and team members.
• Experience with agile development methodologies.