The Data Scientist is responsible for applying advanced analytical methods to improve decision-making. Using machine learning, statistical analysis, and mathematical optimization, the individual plays a key role in supporting the development of state-of-the-art solutions to complex decision-making problems. These problems will come from all parts and will include challenges like:
• Developing SKU demand prediction and item sourcing strategies that drive growth and profitability while minimizing investment in inventory and achieving or exceeding service-level targets.
• Building and deploying algorithms that reduce order fulfilment costs across warehouse and transportation network through robotic automation, process control, and capacity optimization.
• Developing and implementing profitability models to ensure the right products are being offered to customers, and stocked in the right locations with right replenishment policies.
• Work closely with key business partners to understand business and operations-related problems, and then apply analytical methods to solve them.
• Communicate results to executive leadership.
• Analyze diverse sources of data, and implement innovative algorithms to realize actionable results.
• 0-3 years industry experience plus PhD or 3-5 years industry experience plus MS in Computer Science, Statistics, Operations Research, Applied Mathematics, Applied Physics, or related field
• Hands-on experience with advanced machine learning, data mining, statistical inference, mathematical modeling, and mathematical optimization techniques and technologies
• Hands-on experience with querying databases in order to drive required analysis independently and swiftly
• Excellent ability to communicate complex quantitative analysis in a clear, precise, and actionable manner with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
• Keen attention to detail, and ability to dive deep
• Experience developing large scale systems using parallel and distributed computing
• Experience working with development toolsets such as Spark, Hadoop, Python, C++, Java, R, H2O, Shiny, Docker, MYSQL, Teradata, NOSQL, etc.
• Hands-on experience with object oriented design, service oriented architecture, open source technologies, and Linux operating system
• Experience using advanced supervised and unsupervised learning techniques, natural language processing, robotics, markov decision process, deterministic and non-deterministic mathematical programming, constraint satisfaction, and control theory
• Experience with various areas of the supply chain such as customer order, inventory, warehouse, and transportation management
• The ability to think big, manage ambiguity to move quickly, and deliver results in an entrepreneurial environment
• Fearless but thoughtful in their pursuit of results
• Flexible and resourceful, and easily adaptable to changes in environment and prioritization