- San Jose, CA
- Job Terms:
- posted by:
- Lindsay DesRochers
Fortune 500 company is seeking a Writer and & Content Manager to join Global Communications Team. The Content Manager will function as a key member of the Digital Content Team. The position will be responsible for helping create, repurpose and distribute compelling content across owned channels, both internally and externally. The role requires a self-driven communicator who is capable of developing and executing projects with minimal supervision, while also having the skills to collaborate on larger-scale initiatives in a deadline-driven environment.
Day to Day: Social writing, calendar and track progress, facilitate email exchanges with cross functional teams in the company, manage editorials and proofread
• Curate and manage content for the editorial publishing calendar.
• Content asset management with experience publishing in various content management systems (CMS).
• Work closely with members of the broader communications team to ensure global relevancy of corporate channels.
• Develop and manage monthly analytic reports for owned channels.
• Draft copy for client Newsroom social channels
• Develop, edit, write and publish articles for internal and external channels.
• Generate and pitch story ideas both independently and as within cross-functional teams.
• Experience writing and editing editorial content.
• Basic proficiency in Photoshop and general image retouching.
• Social media fluency with regards to strategy, writing and publishing.
• Strong organization and project management skills.
• Cross-Functional collaboration.
• Previous experience in journalism or digital publishing strongly preferred.
A little about our Fortune 500 client... We are always looking for high-energy, self-motivated, committed individuals who are passionate about their work. Our team members enjoy a challenging environment that places the highest value on innovation, accountability and playing to win. Our group combines the entrepreneurial energy of a start-up with the resources and trusted leadership of a major corporation. Our culture is based on open and honest communication, respect for other points of view and a spirit of fun that keeps egos in check. We offer empowering roles worldwide with a focus on creativity, competitive pay and benefits, professional growth, and performance-focused rewards.
IDEAL CANDIDATE EXPERIENCE: *Background/types of companies: Large corp or Tech companies or experience as a Journalist for media comms*
Looking for a former Journalist or Social Writer or long form writer.
Eye for content
Background with storytelling