Strong knowledge of User-Centered design principles, well developed skills in creating and documenting all aspects of business requirements through interface design (wire framing, story boarding, rough layouts, mock-ups, interface elements and icons), functional specifications (technical writing and annotations), user needs (flow charts, scenarios and prototype testing) and information architecture (site maps and navigation) are critical.
Collaborate with staff, technical resources and business owners on workflow, UX requirements, prototypes, task analysis, and customer profiles.
Demonstrated ability to execute on IA of complex transactional interfaces, taxonomies, and metadata frameworks, and templates for content management systems
- Working on responsive design projects and mobile aps
- Using web analytics data to inform design decisions
- Conducting user research and translating user research into design decisions
- Gathering and translating business requirements and user needs , task and goals into meaningful interactive experiences that satisfy users and/or reduce costs or improve profitability
- Overseeing the creation of prototypes and supply input into user testing
- Collaborating with senior design and technical staff to insure proper execution of interaction design
- Developing use cases to assist QA staff in ensuring proper implementation of features and functions
At least 3+ years of user interface design experience
Ability to understand customer needs, motivations and behaviors and translate them into actionable deliverables.
Detail-oriented and highly developed organizational skills including the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
Must be a self-starter who will bring original ideas and fresh approaches to each project they work on
Strong knowledge of user interface design processes and methodology, particularly as applied to web-based applications
Demonstrated experience using web analytics data to inform design decisions - must have an intermediate understanding of major web analytics
Strong self management skills as well as ability to work as a contributing member of multi-discipline team
Ability to collaborate with other designers and developers to envision and iterate concepts
Advanced proficiency with design and prototyping tools such as Axure, iRise, and Balsamiq