- Hartford County, CT
- Job Terms:
- W2, Hourly, Depends on Experience
- posted by:
- Blythe Churchill-Joell
Aquent is currently seeking a Print Production Consultant for an upcoming client request. The Production Consultant is responsible the external scheduling of print production work for the Creative Department. The Consultant manages jobs for the department and assigns a step-by-step schedule for completion of jobs, assigning external vendor, coordinating movement of jobs from the department to the external vendor, and communicating with internal stakeholders during the production process.
The ideal candidate for this role relies on their expertise to plan and accomplish goals by collaborating and directing the work of others.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Align client goals with printing best practices and stay current on print production trends.
- Develop, manage and deliver project estimates, timelines, and deliverables.
- Participates in, and leads, when appropriate, weekly status meetings.
- Provide consultative services with internal team to identify clients’ needs.
- Notifies Director, Marketing Production when necessary and contacts clients for any materials, information, etc., required to complete scheduled projects.
- Reviews daily work schedule with various stakeholders.
- Reports any problems affecting job quality, due dates and costs to stakeholders.
- Selects vendors for all jobs, based on quality control, budget, timing, etc.
- Oversees quality control.
- Deals with vendors on deliveries, scheduling, etc. Maintain and grow strong vendor partnerships.
- Approves invoices for payment; solving issues in a timely manner.
- Maintain a library of all collateral, keep team aware of projects so they can leverage prior work.
- Coordinates schedules of collateral materials to arrive before final deadlines.
- Maintains online folders of all approved materials for the company.
- Arranges delivery of samples to client and team members for all completed jobs.
- Maintains current computer skills related to daily job functions.
Our client is a Fortune 500 company. Benefits Aquent talent are eligible for a generous health-and-wellness package. Our plan includes: Medical Insurance Aquent offers access to comprehensive In and Out of Network plans, with contributions toward monthly premiums and often with eligibility within two months of starting work. Retirement Savings Plan Aquent offers a 401(k) plan, managed by a leader in the retirement field, with immediate vesting. Other features:
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- Professional training
- Discounts and Perks
Desired Qualifications include:
- Minimum of 4 years of Print Production Management experience, preferably within a corporate environment, or vendor side working with corporate clients
- Detailed, project management skills
- Excellent written and editing skills.
- Ability to work on multiple projects with quick deadlines.
- Must be comfortable working with data, including pricing analysis, vendor bid comparisons, production quotes, production schedules, and product timelines.
- Excellent professional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with various levels of management throughout the company
- Ability to work, interact and effectively communicate within a team
- A great eye for color and ability to give directives to pressmen in order to achieve optimal results.
- Expertise in writing Print Specifications that translate file information into production instructions.
- Knowledge of paper, stocks, weights, coatings and the ability to understand visual outcomes based on ink configurations.
- Understanding of Direct Mail best practices and Postal Regulations.
- Ability to estimate production times based upon specifications and quantities needed.
- Ability to understand file construction, and utilize Adobe PDF preview.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) and other software applications
- Utilize project management software; RoboHead software knowledge a plus
- Demonstrated ability and experience with making sound decisions based on data available
- Ability to work in a highly professional business environment