Our team works on an Education Service that mirrors identify and relationships from a school’s existing systems so that they can be used by third party application. It serves as the “on switch” for Education, modifies Active Directory to make it “Education-ready”, and sets the groundwork for our Online Classroom – our newest experience for teachers and students.
As a member of our team, you’ll join a group that manages product development like a startup. We build daily, ship weekly, and run 2-3 week sprints to iteratively deliver new capabilities and strengthen existing features – all while making decisions based on the data that comes from deep customer feedback. You’ll help us to continue our agile lifecycle while writing high quality code that meets the availability, scalability, performance and reliability goals required for a world-class service, and you will collaborate effectively with partner teams in defining requirements and integrating with their components.
Qualifications for the role:
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of development experience with OOP languages – C# preferred but open to C++ or Java
- Experience designing, implementing and shipping complex commercial software products/services
- A demonstrated ability to write secure, reliable & maintainable code
- Engineering discipline in design, testing, and debugging
- Full web stack development experience
The following are highly recommended:
- Knowledge and experience in distributed or embedded systems design & development
- Experience in building developer platform services and/or developer API is highly desired