As a Senior UX Researcher, you will be responsible for planning, defining, conducting and synthesizing research efforts to inform the strategy and design. You’ll work across several teams, partnering with designers, product managers and other functions in the delivery of high-performing user experiences.
- Conduct research activities, including interviews, contextual inquiries, field visits, prototype evaluations and more, focused on understanding our customers and their behaviors and motivations.
- Create generative research plans, identifying goals, developing participant screeners and writing discussion guides.
- Synthesize insights into actionable insights and guidance: personas, journey maps, mental models, usability reports, etc. for shared and future use. Balance the level of detail for documentation with time.
- Assist in building our study archiving system, research library and study in-take process
- Advocate for usability, accessibility and good user experience design throughout the product development process.
- Present to diverse audiences including e-commerce team members and executives in an easy to understand way, leveraging best practices of storytelling.
- Assist UX design team members and project stakeholders in incorporating research findings into projects.
- Work with our analytics team to align and complement qualitative and quantitative efforts and insight.
- Partner with A/B testing analyst to generate and prioritize test ideas and make recommendations.
- Conduct workshops about user research and user centered design
- Present research insights in a digestible story at different levels of depth depending on the audience.
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in behavioral science, human factors, psychology, or design preferred.
- 3+ years in related field preferred.
- Experience with conducting generative research, site and field visits
- Experience with Usertesting.com, Foresee or other customer insight tools preferred.
- Experience working on large consumer-facing projects preferred
- Experience integrating research into Lean UX and agile product development.
- Understand pros and cons of different research approaches, including when and how to apply them during different phases of design.
- Ability to manage multiple research efforts simultaneously.
- Strong communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent problem solving and decision making skills.