Looking for someone to do production work! Must be experienced creative who can jump right in with out hand holding adn crank out solid production for retail. Can do part time 20 hours a week.
Looking for someone with Indesign experience who can prep files to be sent to the production team. Some ability to adjust files if needed. Will convert files from low res to high res when sending to the 3rd party or internal print teams.
Having worked at as a pre press person in the past would be a huge plus.
Must be able to commute to Bolingbrook, IL and have access to a reliable vehicle. This job is equally creative as it
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Re-skins existing collateral or creates new elements to enhance the store experience
Inserts changes, reworks layouts and adapts to any changes within the design process without drama.
Works collaboratively with team members with a friendly and flexible attitude
Contributes design ideas proactively and does not wait for “the answer” from supervisor
Provides a unique point of view within the current branding
Supports mag and tab design when needed which includes page layout, photo concepts and light co-art
direction of photographers when needed
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
4 Year Minimum college degree in Graphic Design or equivalent
5 years Graphic Design experience with a passion for the Ulta Beauty brand.
1. Strong knowledge of Adobe Suite and Microsoft Office
2. Ability to follow established processes and procedures
3. Strong organizational skills, quick execution style
4. Ability to communicate adequately orally and in written form
5. Ability to work independently and meet deadlines on a multitude of concurrent tasks
6. Must be discreet with confidential information of which he/she has access
7. Willingness to accept other duties, as assigned
8. Forward-think and make decisions with confidence
9. Fast, efficient, organized
10. Not above production or changing direction at a moments notice
Must have an exceptional eye for beauty and beauty products.
1. Strong page layout execution. Ability to break dense copy with interesting typography, iconography and
unexpected design choices while still respecting the offer’s hierarchy
2. Ability to take creative criticism and quickly adjust the design to correct
3. Offer a unique, modern and sophisticated point of view and is confident in making a recommendation
4. Mature, good sense of humor, ability to maintain composure and work with others
5. Work within a team with a positive attitude
6. Displays elevated design aesthetic and articulate design choices to Print Design Manager/ Creative Director.
7. Displays a design sense appealing to women
8. Understands the branding and is enthusiastic about the opportunity at hand
M-F, (8 hour day) 8 to 6 with one hour lunch, not to exceed 40 hours a week
Dress: Business casual
Duration: 12 month if designer meets requirements
Start Date: IMMEDIATE
The statements contained herein reflect general details, as necessary, to describe the principal functions of
this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility. This is not intended
to be construed as an all-inclusive listing of responsibilities or duties of this position. Individuals may perform
other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas in the Design Department to cover absences
or relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise to balance the workload.