Job: Creative Production Director Department: Creative
Key Job Accountabilities
• Execution of digital packaging mechanicals, with a thorough understanding of the language of design, acute sensitivity to typography, and follow-through on all corporate design standards and direction. Create high-quality digital files necessary for printing direction to ensure vendors have accurate production direction on all jobs.
• Manage time-line to track - copy, mask and due dates in order to execute artwork.
• Weekly artwork status with US Marketing, Global Marketing, Artwork Traffic team and
Development. Monthly Packaging status with Global Creative Team and US Development.
• Follow through with details of all projects from understanding design-turnover to final production.
• Responsible for color management.
• Create and approve standards/guidelines for packaging production.
• Knowledge of printing and output processes. Must understand the production of 4-color
photography, specifically as it relates to packaging mechanicals and printing processes.
• Must follow all departmental protocols, server protocols, Esko routing, and archiving procedures.
• Must be able to make own travel arrangements and travel on press runs (35% travel). Responsible
for all travel costs up front and that will be reimbursed.
• 5-7 years of hands-on studio production experience in a corporate environment, design firm, or agency preferably experienced in the cosmetics or fashion arena. Design or art school experience a plus.
• Excellent computer skills on all Macintosh programs; Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign.
• Exceptional craftsmanship skills and attention to detail.
• Requires a high level of decision making on a daily basis - communicate urgencies and execute
accordingly, exceptional analytical skills and attention to production details.
• Ability to problem solve and multi-task.
• Must be able to work well independently or within a team.
• Must be able to do quality work at a fast pace and under tight deadlines.
Recommended Must Have Training and/or Equivalent Experiences Training
• artwork collaboration server, ESKO Web-center and Sharepoint. Preferred Key Experiences (prior to this position)
• Bachelor of Fine Arts Degree or equivalent with an emphasis in design, visual communication and/or advertising
• Production & Print Production