Aquent's Fortune 50 client is looking an Illustrator to work a long-term contract, on-location in Atlanta. (Vinnings neighborhood) (35-40 hours/week.)
The Illustrator will work closley with the Production Designer, and is largely responsible for creating vector-based graphics to illustrate home goods/retail-type items found in instructional guide, user manuals, etc to help highlight usability of products on the large, national, high volume website. This person is also responsible for providing illustrative and production support for the online creative team and illustrative product page images.
We are looking for an illustrator who can jump into complex files and ideas, and be able to shift on the fly and re-prioritize based upon the urgent needs and shifting priorities!
Ideal candidate has a portfolio showing Adobe Illustrator work - showing examples of some of the following: icons, infographics, line drawings, floor plans, technical drawings, etc.
This role will create graphic elements to support enhancements/directions on the website in order to better illustrate product features and benefits (understanding the product itself and how images represent product in an appropriate visual and spatial way).
Project assignments will be given from the manager of online art direction and completed in Adobe Illustrator. Final files will be uploaded by another team, but very helpful to understand layout and webdesign as well as the illustration
Help ensuring all graphic elements and page layouts are within established brand and visual design standards.
Contribute to the development of the online creative culture and quality standards.
- Works closely with the manager of online art direction to ensure all assigned projects are delivered with proficient speed and exceptional quality. It is necessary for the candidate to be proficient in the "big 3" (Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign). The primary program used for this role is Illustrator.
- Will be getting the image and assignment and translating that illustratively, creating an Illustrator image. The hiring manager mentioned how important it is for the person to understand spatial perception, and that maybe someone that was on an architecture/package design type of path but then has graphic design experience might be a good fit for this role.
- An understanding that this work will largely live on private brand pages to support those products rather than branded pages, at this juncture.
- Slicing and creating digital-ready artwork.in Illustrator
- Create organized and formatted files that can be shared
- Keep & files archived and accessible using established naming conventions and archive best practices
- Resourceful in locating images and translating those images and modifying per the illustrative project goal