As a Quantitative UX Data Specialist on this team, you'll have the opportunity to support quantitative user research activities, helping them understand users' behaviors and needs by looking at large-scale data sets. We are looking for individuals who have excellent communication skills, good programming and statistical skills, are diligent, detail-oriented, and can work fairly independently.
Top 3 Daily Responsibilities
1. Manage data sets for quality and efficiency of analytics
2. Perform custom analytics using code in R, Python and SQL
3. Develop data visualizations and summaries for presentation to product management
- Perform general statistical analysis on data sets that range from modest-sized customer surveys to potentially massive, complex data sets.
- Write, update, and execute custom analysis scripts in R and/or Python, along with SQL.
- Collaborate with other researchers to perform end-to-end analysis including data gathering, processing, programming, analysis, drafting reports, and delivering presentations.
- Interact cross-functionally with user experience and engineering team members. Work with researchers, designers, product managers, and engineers to present findings and communicate understanding of Android users.
- BA/BS degree (in progress or completed) in Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Psychology, Statistics, Computer Science or other field emphasizing human behavior
- 6+ months of practical experience in industry or coursework working with social science or other experimental data sets.
- Interest in general research and/or user research methods
- Skills with tidying and handling structured data, analysis of data in R and/or Python, basic knowledge of SQL
Nice to Have:
- One or more courses in graduate level statistics
- Experience in social science research design and analysis
- Proficiency with multivariate statistics such as GLM
- Familiarity with Android smartphones & tablets