- Seattle, WA
- Job Terms:
- Depending on Experience
- posted by:
- Laura Toller
The Product Designer works to clearly identify and ground opportunities in the problem space, developing interactive solutions across web, mobile app, kiosk and other digital mediums. This role collaborates with Product Owners, Scrum Masters and Developers across for our client's reservation tools and other digital touch points. As an individual contributor, under limited supervision, this position conducts product design tasks and activities to expected quality standards and ensures our digital properties perform, flow and enable guests to achieve their goals above expectations.
- Work with product to define the problem to solve, put forth a clear vision for future design and apply a forward-thinking, strategic mindset to go from where we are today to the vision state.
- Apply high level user-centered design best practices, from interaction design, information architecture and usability fundamentals to accessibility standards, balancing user needs with business goals and technology capabilities.
- Design guest flows and feature experiences based on user-centered design principles that clearly provide a clear path forward for guests to achieve their goals across channels and platforms.
- Create shared understanding through comps, wireframes, feature flows, use cases, guest pathing, interaction models, prototypes and presentations.
- Collaborate with cross functional team to create a design language for our client's internal reservation system solutions by regularly creating, iterating and developing continuous improvements to digital style guides and pattern libraries.
- Collaborating on research and engage with delivery team to promote guest perspective with research, data and insights.
- Design UI that clearly communicates function and provide a clear path forward.Communicate effectively to diverse audiences.
- Actively collaborate and participate in product strategy, feature reviews and sprint rituals in coordination with Developers, Scrum Masters and Product Owners.
- Design inclusively in full consideration for guests of different abilities and in compliance with applicable accessibility requirements.
Job-Specific Experience, Education & Skills
- A minimum of 5 years of product design, user interface, interactive, visual or graphic design experience and delivery in digital mediums.
- Strong portfolio showcasing design skills that demonstrate critical thought process, digital cross platform experience and how product design adds business value.
- Enterprise, internal tool or product design agency experience
- Significant, demonstrated hands-on experience with Lean UX, agile product development, elevating a product experience through design thinking, demonstrating return on business value and creating remarkable guest experiences.
- Advanced skills in Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, latest design tools and demonstrated ability in creating shared understanding in cross-functional teams.
- Deep experience with lean, agile product delivery, MVP, optimization tests and workflow tracking tools such as JIRA, VersionOne, etc.
- Experience in creating digital style.
- Deep understanding and proficiency in user centered design best practices, cross-browser compatibility, UI patterns across platforms and designing inclusively for guests of all abilities.
- Inspire a culture of design/lean thinking, guest advocacy, accountability and collaboration through independent contribution and consulting as a subject matter expert.
- Proficient in rapid prototyping technologies for feedback and iteration including: HTML/CSS, Java Script, InVision, Principle, etc to show product flows, facilitate shared understanding and directly collect guest feedback.
- Strong conceptual and visual thinker – with a broad toolset for communicating complex ideas.
- Deadline oriented with good organizational skills.
- Strong communication, presentation and interpersonal skills with the ability to build shared understanding across the organization.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Minimum age of 18.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- A Bachelor of Arts or Science degree with a focus in Human Computer Interaction, Graphic Design, User Experience, Product Design, Interactive Design or other related field.
- Proficiency in copywriting skills including UI copy, microcopy and calls-to-action.
- Experience in conducting UX research and synthesizing insights.
- Experience in UI Design and leveraging motion, animation and transitions to reinforce clarity, usability & brand.
Our client is the seventh-largest U.S. airline based on passenger traffic and is one of the most popular U.S. West Coast air carriers. Headquartered in Seattle, they carry more passengers between the state of Alaska and the Lower 48 than any other airline. The airline has expanded significantly to serve several U.S. East Coast and Southern cities including Nashville, Charleston and Raleigh/Durham and began flying to Costa Rica last year.