Aquent's Fortune 50 client is looking for a Project Coordinator to work a six-week assignment with strong potential to convert to permanent, on-location for 40 hours/week in Richfield, MN
The individual selected for this role will be a project management resource across several Strategic Growth Office (SGO) initiatives. All project support will be for initiatives designed to drive growth for the Client. Recent examples of initiatives include In-Home Advisor and SmartHome Powered by Vivint. Projects may vary from small trials in localized markets to the scaling of new business lines.
- Assist the Program and/or Project manager in executing the project deliverables for all assigned programs and projects. These projects could vary in size and scale (i.e. small projects to large programs).
- Coordinate project meetings and take program/project meeting notes.
- Get task, issue, and risk updates from project team members and make updates as appropriate to project documents.
- Manage project SharePoint sites.
- Partner with the Project/Program Manager to develop ongoing communications with project teams in the form of regular meeting rhythms and other communication methods.
- Project Management for Small Projects
- Responsible for determining project team structure and resource needs for assigned small projects.
- Partner with the Program/Project Manager in putting together project structure and resource needs for assigned projects.
- Within assigned projects, identify and engage relevant cross-functional partners.
- Use tools provided by Program/Project Manager to assist in planning project and resource needs.
- Drive project tasks while maintaining Time, Scope, Resources, & Quality.
- Provide day to day work direction of small project teams.
- Provide project status reporting as appropriate including documentation of action, issue, change, and risk management for assigned projects.
- Develop and lead ongoing communication to project teams on assigned projects in the form of regular meeting rhythms and other communication methods.
What would a normal day for this position look like?
- Provide overall support to programs and projects in the SGO portfolio
- Attending meetings to capture notes, issues/risks, and action items
- Update project documentation
- Scheduling and facilitating project meetings
- Assisting the program/project manager in keeping project plans up to date
- Holding project team members accountable for assigned tasks
- Communicating status, issue, and risks to stakeholders
- Managing the project plan and holding project team members accountable
- Candidate must have PC experience in a large organization.
- Must be highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Minimum of 2 years Project Coordinator experience
- Excellent organizational skills – the individual in this role will help the team stay organized
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Able to translate a meeting conversations into clear, concise, and actionable notes
- Experience managing project plans in Excel (planning)
- Proven ability to work in fast-paced environment – the Strategic Growth Office initiatives have aggressive timelines
- Ability to leverage Outlook for meeting coordination