Aquent's client - a Fortune 500 business and finance software company - is seeking an experienced XD Content Writer to work on-site at their location in San Diego! This is a temporary position with the possibility of extension or conversion!
Experience design (XD) writers will be responsible for creating easy-to-understand, emotionally engaging content that inspires customer confidence and results in a delightful product experience. They will work closely with design and research to study the behaviors, emotions, and goals of customers, generate insights, and then iterate on content and the overall design.
The ability to work with cross-functional team members, including interaction designers, visual designers, user researchers, tax professionals, and engineers is a MUST. The experience design (XD) writer understands the design principles and how content fits into the customer experience, while working with the team to solicit feedback that will improve content quality.
Required for consideration:
- Resume and Portfolio/writing samples
- At least 3-5 years of recent experience in similar role as XD Content Writer
Skills and responsibilities include:
• Command of content design fundamentals (for example: principles of grammar and professional writing) and writing and editing basics. Follows guidelines for style, voice and tone, branding, and form factors.
• Executes project-based content deliverables (for example: user interface text, help topics, general messaging, tooltips, and customer emails) using industry-standard authoring tools.
• Ability to work closely with tax professionals to turn jargon into conversational language without compromising tax accuracy, and independently research tax topics to establish clarity and accuracy.
• Demonstrates strong verbal communication skills and the ability to work with multiple teams simultaneously, including the ability to communicate the importance of the content designer’s role to people who might not be familiar with it.
• Reviews own work for accuracy, adherence to style guide, and voice and tone. Owns the outcome by following content through the entire process to ensure it is implemented as designed.
• Aware of customer feedback, needs, and personas (for example: feedback and insights from research, call drivers, and data analytics) and uses that information to improve the quality of content to better meet customers’ needs.
• Effectively contributes points of view and the rationale behind content design decisions.