Aquent is assisting our Fortune 500 client in their search for a Senior Business Analyst for Service Management. This is an 18 month assignment with a good likelihood of extension. Our client is looking for a generalist who has done actual improvement at a grassroots level who has also been involved in SM process improvement projects.
Job Responsibilities & Expectations:
The Senior Business Analyst for Service Management will focus on the development of new Service Management solutions in support of internal customers. They will utilize the Service Management roadmap and release plan to define work priorities. They will focus on the development and definition of requirements, participate in the testing of developed solutions, support of the launch of new capabilities, and ensure stabilization of performance. The Senior Business Analyst will partner closely with internal technology customers to ensure solutions are supportive and consumable. They will also reference IT best practices to ensure solutions are optimized. The Senior Business Analyst will guide the internal customers through the development and release phases to ensure optimal adoption of new solutions. The Senior Business Analyst must take an enterprise view towards Service Management and develop multi-faceted solutions to optimize operations. A successful candidate needs to have outstanding Service Management experience and present themselves as a thought leader in the various ITSM disciplines.
• In-depth understanding of multiple Service Management disciplines (Incident, Problem, Change, Configuration, Knowledge, Request, Service Level, Continual Service Improvement)
• Experience in developing, engineering and improving IT Service Management processes. 4-5 years
• Experience in creating, managing and maintaining process diagrams and process definition documents. 4-5 years
• Experience in gathering and analyzing requirements to improve existing processes. 3-4 years
• Experience in defining, measuring and trending KPIs and process metrics. 3-5 years
• Ability to analyze performance data to demonstrate the effectiveness of the ITIL processes. 2-3 years
• Demonstrated handling pressure in critical/difficult circumstances
• Able to drive innovation across internal customers
• Strong business background (working in a company of similar scale)
• Ability to work in dynamic environment with changing priorities
• High energy, innovative individual who is motivated by challenging assignments
• Excellent communication skills, interpersonal, oral, and written
• Effective at managing multiple requests with conflicting priorities under tight deadlines
• High attention to detail, quality and accuracy
• Strong analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills
• Ability to work well within a team to learn and share knowledge
• Effective at developing and maintaining strong customer and team relationships.
• Use of a ServiceNow Platform
• Experience in leading the transformation of business processes
• IT Service Management Process Ownership
• Basic Project Management skills
• Advanced knowledge and understanding of IT concepts
• ITIL Foundation Certification (or Higher)
• Will liaison with Technology customers to ensure representation of their needs within program requirements
• Will develop deep understanding of internal customer priorities, value drivers and challenges, and use this knowledge to develop comprehensive requirements definitions
• Will develop cross-Service Management process solutions that optimize the internal customers’ performance and results
• Will ensure that best practices are incorporated within solutions
• Will build and maintain alignment with multiple stakeholders across the company
• Will collaborate with other suppliers that support internal customers when solutions have cross dependencies
• Will develop all collateral required support new solutions, including requirements, test plans, process definitions, policy documents, procedures, awareness communications
• Will foster teamwork and collaboration across different workgroups
• Will utilize emotional intelligence and communication skills to influence and drive change across impacted teams
• Will tailor communications and influence tactics based on situational awareness
• Will leverage the expertise of people across the organization
This individual will be part of a larger Service Management organization (approximately ~50 people), which supports various ITIL Processes.
This individual will be involved in the maturation of Service Management Processes.
This individual needs to have outstanding Service Management experience and present themselves as a thought leader as well as have hands-on experience to implement continuous improvement after go-live of new processes and technologies. A thinker and a doer.