- San Francisco
- Job Terms:
- Talent Bridge/Temp-to-Perm
- posted by:
- Jessica Cizek
A global beauty retailer is looking for a mid-level designer to join one of the digital design teams, with a focus primarily on email design, digital ads, and social media assets. Must have the versatility to use email and site design templates, concept some of your own ideas, and be open to production work as well. You'll work closely with the Art Director, and cross-functional teams.
You will be responsible for creating unique and engaging content for the many different brand and category experiences. You will stay true to the look and feel that has been developed, while innovating new template designs to make each page memorable and unique.
• Create unique content
• Create and maintain the visual style guide for many of the brands and categories
• Participate in brainstorming and creative synthesis for projects
• Meet daily with Art Director and team
• Generate assets based on results of the most successful templates
• Work on multiple projects concurrently, ensuring deliverables are achieved on time while maintaining high quality
Major beauty retailer, but you will be employed by Aquent. Freelancing long-term with Aquent gets you access to some pretty cool things: You're paid weekly with the option for direct deposit Subsidized health (including term life and LTD) and dental benefits after your first four weeks of work (averaging at least 20 hrs/wk) Access to Fidelity 401(k) Access to FSA Program (pre-tax payment toward Bart passes, etc.) Access to our Talent Rewards Program (we reward for referrals!) Access to free online courses via Aquent's Gymnasium to help you develop your skills: http://gymnasium.aquent.com/ Access to free online courses via Lynda.com Aquent support: your Aquent Agent checks in with you during the course of your contract to make sure you're happy and progressing according to your expectations (we're also there to be looking for new opportunities for you when you're close to wrapping up).
• 3-4 years of web and interactive design experience
• Needs to have a strong foundational type/design eye
• Must possess excellent layout/design/production skills/photography skills
• Detail oriented with high degree of accuracy
• Ability to produce effective ideas under tight time lines
• Ability to take direction and prioritize tasks
• Self-motivated, a natural problem-solver, and a good communicator with a demonstrated ability to oversee multiple projects simultaneously, both independently, as well as collaboratively in a team environment
• Fluent understanding of current social and digital trends and technologies
• Passionate and knowledgeable about Brand Development and understands client interaction in the shopping path.
• Expert in Photoshop and organizing files
• Excellent typography, illustration skills, basic knowledge of HTML is a plus
• Proficient in Illustrator and InDesign
• Interest and/or experience in beauty is a plus but not necessary