In this assignment, you will be working with Aquent's client on a new product that connects consumers with high quality providers (e.g., plumbers, handymen, house cleaners, locksmiths, etc) right on Search when they need these services the most. It gives consumers peace of mind with a client backed guarantee that all pros are pre-screened and insured. It also helps local home service providers build a great online reputation through local advertising on Search.
The UX team is looking for a user researcher to help drive both consumer and advertiser experiences with close collaboration with product managers, engineers, operations, etc. You’ll work with a fast-paced team in a start-up within the client with an opportunity to influence product decisions through foundational and tactical research across verticals in US/international markets.
We are looking for individuals who have strong background in research design, have excellent moderation and communication skills, knowledgeable on qualitative and (lightweight) quantitative methods, and who can work independently to conduct high-quality user research.
Top 3 Daily Responsibilities:
1. Develop discussion guide in response to research questions from the team
2. Conduct 1:1 interviews with consumers or advertisers
3. Analyze and report qualitative feedback into research insights
- Collaborate with product managers, engineers, and UX to identify, prioritize, and plan user research in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Conduct user research studies using a variety of methodologies, including in lab and remote user studies, ethnographic fieldwork, and surveys, to help answer important research questions across all phases of product design.
- Analyze and interpret both qualitative feedback and (lightweight) quantitative survey data.
- Understand and incorporate complex technical and business requirements into research insights.
- Advocate research findings to diverse audiences through written reports and oral presentations.
- MS in Cognitive Science, Information Science, User Experience, Human-Computer Interaction, or a related field
- 1-3 years of experience integrating user research into product designs and design practices.
- Strong understanding of strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during each product phase.
- Strong moderation skills in user sessions either 1:1 or group
- Ability to distill hours of qualitative user interviews into a few insights that the team needs to move forward.
- Strong technical aptitude, familiarity with basic graphic and video editing tools preferred.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize time between multiple projects, and to be flexible by adapting to changing schedules and different projects.