- Houston, TX
- Job Terms:
- DOE (hourly) + subsidized benefits
- posted by:
- Cynthia Escalante
We’re solving the world’s toughest energy challenges by building software for our engineers and geoscientists; we are looking for the right people to design the user experience. Work in a company that values user experience, and join a corporate community of a couple dozen UX professionals who will challenge you and grow your skillset. If you want to work on challenging engineering software with highly technical problems, and have strong skills in interaction design, data visualization, have a look at this:
Activities and Skills
1. You’ll design complex, custom web applications for technical data applications to help our scientists and engineers find and consume the information they need.
2. You’ll look for ways to design more effective user processes, to dramatically improve task performance.
3. You’ll work with other designers and sometimes alone to sketch designs, make paper and electronic prototypes to test concepts early and quickly.
4. You’ll conduct usability tests in the field and at our usability lab, sometimes on your own and sometimes with a User Researcher. We have access to our real end-users, and test with them frequently.
5. We anticipate a web-based solution, so your skills in web design and knowledge of CSS are a huge plus.
6. You’ll make complex things simple, but only by deeply understanding the problem. We’re looking for people with experience in scientific and engineering domains, or some other area where you’ve tackled a tough domain.
7. We view success as shared understanding and achievements of UX and business results with non-designers. We look forward to your expertise, verbal and visual communication skills helping our team both understand the problem and develop better solutions.
An American multinational oil and gas corporation
• Electronic and Paper Prototyping
• Interaction Design
• Visual Design
Desired Skills or Experience:
• 5+ years of design experience
• 2+ years design experience with web applications required.
• Experience with geospatial data or enterprise search preferred.